Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic EK

Rear Bushings go0o0one

Okay so i recently went to my mech to get a major service and at the end of the day he told me that one of my rear bushings need replacing.
    If you can kinda see in the pictures its actually split/cracked open on the bottom of the bushing.

So my question is will one of the complete suspension bushings kits e.g hardrace, have this particular bushing in it so i can replace it....(buying the complete bushings kit cause i was going to do it down the track anyways but i guess it can't wait now)

Also what bushings kit do you guys recommend? (all of this is from an EK1 btw)

Pictures:

Cheers joey

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    you could just buy rear trailing arm bushes separately to fix your problem. it's very common in Honda's

some distributors sell the hardrace kits with the RTA bushes, some don't. If unsure, just ask the distributor whats included in the kit.

JDMyard on here sells replacement RTA bushes, both mugen, oem and hardrace if memory serves me correctly.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Civic EK
    Cheers MR-VTEC, will get onto pm'ing distibutors asap, PQ added

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    my mechanic just put nolathane bushings in mine, I'm told they won't last long though.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    my mechanic just put nolathane bushings in mine, I'm told they won't last long though.
    out of interested why wont they last?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    because of the angle that my rear trailing arm is at I think. The material properties of the bush may have been mentioned (something about them cracking easy), was a while ago so I don't exactly remember.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    the reason the nolathane ones (or any other ones made of a similar product) have been known to die easier is because they are much harder material designed for use on a smooth race track. When used on roads which are bumpy the hard material takes alot of the impact rather than absorbing it subtly like the standard rubber bush. For the record, i had solid urethane noltec RTA bushes in for 3 years on road use with no problems, the stiffer urethane/nolathane RTA bush does give a noticeable improvement to the rear end over the standard bush
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY