Thread: audio problem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r

audio problem

hey ozhonders. i have a little problem with my sound system. when im cruising whilst listening to music, it sounds like as if one of my amps keep turning itself off and turns bak on again. it keeps doing this every now and then.ive checked for any lose cables/wires and there wasnt any. i have one amp connected to all my speakers and another connected to my sub. does anyone know how i can detect whats the problem because clearly i dont no whats wrong with it. if anyone has any suggestions or know what to do, it would be greatly apppreciated

thanks alot .
    Last edited by mikul; 19-10-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    if its turning off and on it is possible the amp is going into protection mode, usually because of overheating. does your amp have a protection mode light and does it come on when the amp cuts out?
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    maybe its your remote cable being loose. the single cable from amp to headunit. this detects when the headunit is on/off and switches the amp on/off with the headunit . it could be loose it either end.
    DANGSdriveway

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_mechanic View Post
    if its turning off and on it is possible the amp is going into protection mode, usually because of overheating. does your amp have a protection mode light and does it come on when the amp cuts out?
    yeahh both of my amps does have protection mode lights. i figured out that when this happens .. the sub is still working so it must be the amp connected to my front/rear speakers.
    it cuts out at random times wen im driving so i wouldnt have a chance to check if the light comes on or not wen it cuts out ><"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    Quote Originally Posted by viinnh View Post
    maybe its your remote cable being loose. the single cable from amp to headunit. this detects when the headunit is on/off and switches the amp on/off with the headunit . it could be loose it either end.
    the remote cable ?? hm im not quite sure what cable is that but il have alook 2morrow and see if its the problem.
    thanks for the suggestion viinnh.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6
    I had this problem before when I first installed my system. In the end it just wasn't connected to a good enough ground, so found a better part on the car and it's been working fine since.
    Used to also have the problem of headlights dimming with bass when turned up, or whole system cutting out due to drawing too much from my battery - 1 Farad capacitor fixed that problem tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    yeah its most likely a bad ground, scrape all the paint away or find a better place to ground your fronts amp. Your probably asking the amp to do more work then it can with the dodgy ground it has, it realizes this and goes into protection mode once the heat has built up.

I once had a system that would cut out after 5 mins or so of running if you turned it up past halfway. Turns out it had a hairline crack in the main fuse and once enough heat resistance had built up the amp couldn't get the power it was needing to output over halfway volume so it went in protection mode
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY