new key needed for 05 Euro. Price? where to buy?

Hi all, my key fell into the toilet (thanks wife) and is stuffed. Has any one used an aftermarket one or am I going to have to fork out and get one from Honda? Does anyone know what I will be up for? cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    91crx,euro
    i rang honda and they recommended an outside source,i'v got the number they gave me at work if your interested.remote with key was aprox $300 and he comes to the house and sets it up for you.

I got quoted about $280 for key & remote + $60 reprogram by a honda dealer.

if you still have the casing and the cut metal key, you only need to change the electronic bit.

otherwise you can buy a casing and blank online on dealextreme & get it cut locally. around $25 all up for blank & cut without electronic remote & transponder.

Special tools are required to reprogram the transponder or immobilizer.
    but you can reprogram the remote to open doors yourself.

I got a spare key with electronic remote & transponder that I don't use. You need to check if it works on your 05 euro. It works on my cu2. Part IDs are
    FCC MLBHLIK-1T
    IC 2500A-HLIK1T

send me a message if u are interested.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro CL7
    yea i got mine done for around $400 from Southside Honda in Brisbane..... total rip but had to be done..................

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    You have a few options.

- Buy a used CL9 key & remote ($120). Replace your original cut key with the working electronics and get it reprogrammed at Honda for $55. Total $175.
    - Buy a new CL9 key & remote uncut ($150). You will need to then get it laser cut ($30) and Honda key programmed ($55). Total $235.

PM me if interested. The above are for sale.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by minircc View Post
    You have a few options.

- Buy a used CL9 key & remote ($120). Replace your original cut key with the working electronics and get it reprogrammed at Honda for $55. Total $175.
    - Buy a new CL9 key & remote uncut ($150). You will need to then get it laser cut ($30) and Honda key programmed ($55). Total $235.

PM me if interested. The above are for sale.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    can we get just the casing? i want to update my casing as the buttons are wearing out, also missing a screw on it, plus any option of getting flip key?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    You can get a case with uncut key from DealExtreme, I got myself one for around 3 bucks

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    Note. The buttons are part of the electronics and not the casing.
    Hence, if you change the casing you will still have the same buttons..

There are 3 parts to the Accord Euro Key.
    - The Casing with the Key
    - The remote buttons for central locking
    - The Immobiliser

The latter 2 require programming from Honda to ensure it works with your car.

This is how to reprogram the remote for door central locking, boot & windows. I tried & it works.

Storing transmitter codes:
    The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Use the beeps as a guide.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the key less receiver unit.
    3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the key less receiver unit.
    6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    7. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the key less receiver unit.
    9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.
    10. Within 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).
    11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the key less receiver unit.
    12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again or the code will not be stored.
    13. Within 10 sec., aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons.
    Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
    14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.
    15. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by minircc View Post
    Note. The buttons are part of the electronics and not the casing.
    Hence, if you change the casing you will still have the same buttons..

There are 3 parts to the Accord Euro Key.
    - The Casing with the Key
    - The remote buttons for central locking
    - The Immobiliser

The latter 2 require programming from Honda to ensure it works with your car.
    Yes just noticed that
    how crap