Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    crx gen 1/gen 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooker View Post
    Yer I saw the results for Collie. Very good time you set!!! 2nd in 5A and faster then 1B outright! Good job.
    Actually No. I had six sessions attributed to me and I only did five, and that really good time belong to someone else. It is a time I should be getting, so next time it's my target.
    anjin

aka ian

Some pics of the car (not very good quality pics )

The Engine

Interior

We shared our pit garage with Kevin Ledger, Outright IPRA National Champ (featured in ZOOM mag a couple of months back).
    Winner of over 2L and winner of under 2L in the same garage, must be a lucky garage haha

2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    I love this EG!
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I'm always impressed by quality workmanship and this is no exception. Congratulations on a job well done!

Any more photos?

Similar bar work in my old racer:

I notice your cage builder tied into the rear shock towers. Is this a change in the rules or has that always been allowed. You'll notice my guy didn't.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 27-10-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Account Disabled Array
    I thought you can't reinforce to the rear struts? I would like some clarification as well

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    The safety cage must be within the passenger compartment, and on late model vehicles, you are allowed to brace forward to the front strut towers. It just so happens that in hatchbacks, the rear towers are within the passenger compartment, so you can place your safety cage where ever you wish. If you have a boot, with the rear towers outside the passenger compartment, then you have a problem.

It has been passed by the WA Eligability Officer, as well as the visiting NSW and Vic EO's that were here for the Nationals.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by sadlerau View Post
    The safety cage must be within the passenger compartment, and on late model vehicles, you are allowed to brace forward to the front strut towers. It just so happens that in hatchbacks, the rear towers are within the passenger compartment, so you can place your safety cage where ever you wish. If you have a boot, with the rear towers outside the passenger compartment, then you have a problem.
    OK. That's logical. I knew about the front towers but Good work on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by sadlerau View Post
    It has been passed by the WA Eligibility Officer, as well as the visiting NSW and Vic EO's that were here for the Nationals.
    All good. I wasn't questioning its eligibility. I'm sure the Scrutineers would have been happy with it, given the ruling.

Well done again, and congratulations on a fine effort

Peter

The cage is a very high quality job. Gusseted in some places, reinforcement plates wherever possible have been welded in and smoothed over, cage extends through the firewall to the back of the front shock towers and the tubing around the roof and sides is all seam welded to the car. Being all black inside you can't see much in the photos.
    We also wanted to keep it nice inside and retain as much trims as possible. All the trims like the dash and the rear side panels have been cut nicely around the cage (not just hacked up) and the door trims have been nicely cut to the shape of the cage (you can see in the picture). All washed, cleaned and destickered (inside and out) it just looks like a nice, be it hardcore, street EG, which funnily enough it is still rego'd and driven to the track.

It still has fully working electric windows and mirrors and all the gauges on the OEM dash function and work.

The links on the first post page one show quite alot of pics of it at the IPRA Nationals, you just gotta scroll through the other cars which can be a bit time consuming.
    Last edited by Cooker; 28-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    It still has fully working electric windows and mirrors and all the gauges on the OEM dash function and work.
    I did the same in mine. Even kept the A/C for those winter meetings when it was cold and/or raining.

The links on the first post page one show quite alot of pics of it at the IPRA Nationals, you just gotta scroll through the other cars which can be a bit time consuming.
    Yeah, I had a look. What about the lower chin spoiler? Is that legal given its not OEM.

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Splitters are permitted within the rules. Actually the car is quite conservative when compared to what the rules actually allow. given time it will become even more radical to what you see here - hopefully all within the rules

Tv coverage on Sunday 4th SBS Speedweek and next Sunday also.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Tv coverage on Sunday 4th SBS Speedweek and next Sunday also.
    Speedweek starts at 12:30pm, and the Improved Production Nationals coverage (I'm told) is in the 2nd half of the show (but please watch from the start so that you don't miss the action due to altered programming). They are covering the later heats and the finals.

Peter