Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99

Kumho KU31 vs Yokohama ES100

Hello,

Because of the Australia dollar doing so we'll, i couldn't resist myself the impulse buy of some rims from America. Now that their on the way here, i've been looking at what tyres to put on and its come down to these two tires that i would like to try out. And also to support the traders here.

Has anyone got experiences on the Kumho KU31 or Yokohama ES100?
    From alil research i found that the ES100 has been replaced by the S.drives in about 2007, but still has some self life in them. And found that the KU31 seems to be pretty cheap for what it is.

Any opinions?

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 VTi-R
    I can't really say anything about the ES100's but I can vouch for the Kumho Ecsta Spt KU31.
    Grippy in both wet and dry conditions. Even tread wear, durable and pretty quiet.

Member Array
    ku31 ftw. got my 195/50/15 for 99each, price is cheap as chips but perform as well as a racer yo!
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    i had s-drives and they were a good all-round tyre although i found them to be a little noisy. i'm currently doing the same as you (although i'm ordering tyres from america - they are ridiculously cheap in comparison)

es100 will shit on the kumho

I'm saying that even though I haven't used the kumho.

they are that good, but no longer in production.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Hmm seems to some mixed opinions, i think i'm gonna go performance over budget and go for the Yoko, thanks for the imput guys

Quote Originally Posted by bungie77 View Post
    i had s-drives and they were a good all-round tyre although i found them to be a little noisy. i'm currently doing the same as you (although i'm ordering tyres from america - they are ridiculously cheap in comparison)
    which ebay shop are you getting them from?

Ku31's are bang for the buck man.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen Civic View Post
    Hmm seems to some mixed opinions, i think i'm gonna go performance over budget and go for the Yoko, thanks for the imput guys

which ebay shop are you getting them from?
    Mate you can get the S-Drives from www.tirerack.com for roughly $450 for the whole set... postage is about $57 per tyre (I think that's roughly what it cost me). IMO you can't go past this. I paid cost price from a dealer in Brisbane area (family friend) and it cost me $1200 for the set balanced and fitted. You just have to send Tire Rack an email and they will contact you back with payment details. Shipping takes 3-5 days.

might be late abit too late but i recently(4-5 months ago?) swapped my potenza's re030 to ku31s and i must say for the price they perform just as well, i heard they aren't as quiet once the tread wears out though but i've yet to hear that happen with my set

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Mate you can get the S-Drives from www.tirerack.com for roughly $450 for the whole set... postage is about $57 per tyre (I think that's roughly what it cost me). IMO you can't go past this. I paid cost price from a dealer in Brisbane area (family friend) and it cost me $1200 for the set balanced and fitted. You just have to send Tire Rack an email and they will contact you back with payment details. Shipping takes 3-5 days.
    mmm getting tires here is very tempting. Nice prices.
    Shipping 3-5 days is very quick

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    Just wondering how you went around paying these guys?
    They told me they couldn't accept paypal from Australia...