Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

Tyre Choice - What everyone is running and recommend

Hi guys just in need of the set of new tyres and was what everyone was running or recommended. I would just be running street and light light trackwork nothing extreme and I would prob look at running 215/40/17 all around.

Ive been recommended by friends

KU36
    KU31
    and Dunlop Z1 (imported from America)

called tech9tyres in perth and the dude also recommended me Nexen n6000 and was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think? and if anyone has any other choices of tyres they recommend feel free to let me know!

If you guys could help me with some info cheers!!

vic
    Last edited by blackouT; 20-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    outta the top 3 dunlop z1
    the $ is so good now u should get some
    I just ordered some tyres from the tire rack 900 landed for z1.

But first of all you should figure out what tyre class you want
    http://www.tirerack.com/
    jump on the site and read some reviews, there's soo many tyres to choose from it really comes down to personal preference and budget.

Also keep in mind that the Z1 and KU36 wear alot quicker then the KU31
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

I recommend Advan AD-08 and it's available locally. Isn't 215 a little narrow at the rears?? But I'm not sure about the sizing for 16inch.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    KU-36's do a great job for me !

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    even if you want ad08 I would recommend getting from usa, ends up being alot cheap local dealers want too much for ad08's

215 is thing but I'm guessing he needs to stretch em to clear his wheels, also keep in mind UHPT tend to have a thicker sidewalls then your average street tyre
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    wow, didn't know importing tyres was so cheap. strong dollar?

OP, depends what you want out of the tyre! dry grip, wet grip, life, noise, etcccc

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Strong dollar helps but it's always been cheap

I ordered the z1 for my mate and it was 900 landed.

Me and another s2k owner from syd ordered some RE11's for 1.2k landed

Excatly what euro said

too many things to factor before you know which tyre to go for you need to know what you want out of the tyre.

and you cant have a tyre that "grips mad in wet and dry, quiet and smooth, cheap and last long" LOL
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I've run Nexen tyres on a previous S2K i used to own, they were o.k. But there's plenty better out there. I swear blind by Dunlop Sportmaxx now, I've tried heaps of popular brands and types, but these for me are a clear winner, a little pricey but killer grip in the dry, reasonable good in the wet and they seem to last. In comparsion to a set of Bridgestone Adrenalin's, the Sportmaxx are a far better tyre. However you should seriously think about running at least factory width on the rear. 215's will make the car handle like a bag of shit.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    if you can be assed getting them from the states, then get the z1 or advans ad08... actually, kumho v700 are pretty cheap and they're considered R spec tyre. They're factory for earlier lotus elises etc. If you can't be bothered wiring money internationally and waiting, then get the KU36... as cheap, as good for your use.

Toyo R1R
    MFactory Competition Products

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    im atempting to run ad08's sidewall is just crazy big lol, big sizes to, dont get ku36's they wear way to quick, from your list id go for the z1's
    Vtec.....It's whats for dinner

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thanks for the feedback guys think im gonna order a set of z1's from the states then! loving the exchange rate atm but its killing me at the same time -_-