Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well since I dont drive that hard the main concerns with the type of clutch are how long it lasts and how easy it is to use in traffic. If theres not much difference in those and OE, I dont mind spending a little extra for the organic.

Theres heaps of lightened flywheels going out there. I'm led to believe factory is 18lbs, and the lightest I've seen is 7.5lbs (dont think I'd go that light unless worth it). Does a light flywheel make it harder to go up hills and do highway driving?
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    im not a physics guru, so dont quote me on this lol, but the theory behind lighter flywheel = more engine speed, down side, less mass, means less torque can be held within the flywheel, so in a nut shell, what u said really, depending how light u will go, u mite struggle goin up hill more than oem setup, but goin down hill u will have more momentum to play with
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

not more momentum, just takes less energy to spin the flywheel
    i.e. you will accelerate (slightly) faster but will have (slightly) less momentum from the flywheel (i.e. less torque)

honestly i wouldn't bother with a d-series, save the money for something else
    just IMO though

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    having a really light flywheel makes it loose acceleration really quickly - on a D series this can be very violent - especially in low gears and low speeds

i think the most comfortable weight u can go down to is 10lbs ... i got the exedy 10lbs racing flywheel and the car responds/revs much quicker - which makes it easier to pick gearing, change gears and i can get into power-band easier which actually helps torque

i was looking at a fidanza 7lbs kit - but im glad i didnt get it lol

i got the energy suspension engine and transmission mount insert kit when i got the transmission, clutch and fly installed - i didnt think much of it at the time (only about $50 from ebay) but DAMN it made a difference - probably best value for money mod i have done for my car - im really thinking of doing the shifter bushings now as well =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Righteo so looks like you went the right way about it, 10lb flywheel looks to be the way to go. Now only problem is that the clutches I can find on ebay are either OE or racing stage 1 clutches, no heavy duty ones on there?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    O.E is pretty much the same thing

if its going on a I/H/E D series than O.E will be fine - but if you have the money to spend just go straight to stage1
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Thanks heaps for the advice guys, will be rewarding PQ points soon!

Ended up getting this pack right here for what'll probably turn out to be $650AUD landed over here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Ben, will sort out getting it put in once I have the parts together lol

edit: and it comes with STICKERS! Racing stickers! +20hp just there!
    Last edited by mugeneration; 10-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.