Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by jks24 View Post
    2.25 exhaust seems small for your setup?
    2.5 inch and i would loose too much down low...i wanted response and low down power delivery and i achieved it...plus 2.5inch would get so much louder.
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by AXS View Post
    2.5 inch and i would loose too much down low...i wanted response and low down power delivery and i achieved it...plus 2.5inch would get so much louder.
    I can see where you are coming from but remember its a Honda, they are never going to be torquey down low...they make their power when they are revving their hearts out lol

When it comes to racing, yes it can be good to have power down low to help get of the line however remember you are not going to be hanging around 2000-3000rpm for long.

Ive got a 60mm Skunk2 megapower for mine running a B16, 421 Headers. Midrange and top end I have gone for.
    Last edited by jks24; 29-10-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I don't think you'll lose too much low down power with a 60mm exhaust on a B18C7 modded like your's

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Yeah I don't think you'll lose too much low down power with a 60mm exhaust on a B18C7 modded like your's
    I got a mate who had a B18Cr running a 70mm catback with mugen 4-1 headers. Engine was stock internally and she still got off the line good and went like a bat out of hell

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I run 60mm Kakimoto on my B16A CRX. Intake, header, cat, head build + ITR MI/TB to come. But with just the intake and full exhaust it goes great, haven't noticed any loss of low down power.
    My brother also runs a 60mm Fujitsubo and has no noticeable worries.

However I have a 60mm that will fit my SOHC VTEC D Civic sedan, but I think 60mm will be way too big for that. Might get a 2" system made up and just use the muffler I have on the 60mm...

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Yeah I run 60mm Kakimoto on my B16A CRX. Intake, header, cat, head build + ITR MI/TB to come. But with just the intake and full exhaust it goes great, haven't noticed any loss of low down power.
    My brother also runs a 60mm Fujitsubo and has no noticeable worries.

However I have a 60mm that will fit my SOHC VTEC D Civic sedan, but I think 60mm will be way too big for that. Might get a 2" system made up and just use the muffler I have on the 60mm...
    Ive heard ITR TB and IM are great bang for buck, did you notice much difference with them on the B16?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    spoon 60mm (2.33") exhaust on my JDM B16 with mugen 4-1 and spoon cams is GREAT !! power gains accross the rev range when i switched from my old 2.5" system !!

where did you hear ITR IM and TB are great for B16 ? the tests i've seen is a minimal gain on top end with some losses in low and midrange.. that was on stock B16..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Will be hard to tell, they're going on next week with my new reco'd head, enlarged intake/exhaust ports matched to manifolds, re-welded combustion chambers, 3-angle grind, Skunk2 stage 1 cams, Skunk2 adjustable gears, Jun valves, Supertech valve springs & titanium retainers. Also new CAI with Fujita pod.

So yeah...I'm hoping for a power gain but it'll be hard to say which part is contributing how much

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    See the thing is 60 mm is sought of inbetween 2.25 and 2.5mm, i didnt have the mulla to get a 60mm so i went as close as possible without oversizing it, im wasnt looking to get a tune so i went with a system that would Create back pressure, and other supporting mods to help top end, (tri y headers, cai etc.) Getting off the line isnt hard, its the response in wateva gear im in that would excite me, vtec is awsome but for a daily driver i needed power before vtec too! Hope that sounds clear enough,

Btw, my cuzin is building a all motor b18c and hes going with a 2.5mm exhaust system, now my motors stock (internally anyway) so to me a 2.25 was pefect...

My two cents!
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!