Thread: DC5R boot leak

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

DC5R boot leak

Hi,

Recently i checked my boot where the spare tyre is and there was abit of water in there (about a cup), does anyone have the same problem on a DC5R? not too sure where the water is leaking in from, any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    hows the boot door fit? while youre driving does it rattle? it may be your boot isnt sitting flush and all that water is leaking and getting collected where the spare is.

imo pour some water around your boot door and see if it leaks. might need to check the rubber seals.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i dont think it rattles or anything but ill try get a bucket of water and pour it over and see if theres any leakage

most likely from your tail lights. I had the same problem before, just replace the seal for the tail lights.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGRX7 View Post
    most likely from your tail lights. I had the same problem before, just replace the seal for the tail lights.
    +1 Just did this the other week.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    from reading other threads, a better way is to use a hose and hold it in certain areas for a while as it may take a while for the water to seep through. especially since ur not getting much water in right now.
    If u got a buddy, fold down the backseats (if possible =\ ) and get them to watch when the water leaks through.

Common areas are the tail light seals as mentioned before tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    As OMGRX7 and M@lew have said its your taillight gasket.

Had the same problem on a DC5S. Replacing the taillight gasket fixes the problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    most likely coming from ur tail lights, therefore you should replace ur tail light gaskets on both sides.
    Heres a DIY -----> http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549910

If you have a sunroof, it also may be coming from that. the seals are probably loose and gunk may be in it, so you may need to service your sunroof. replacing seal and etc. i got mine done at the actual place that did my sunroof.

and last probability could be the, forgot what its called, the water that sprays down ur rear window. its the little thing that sticks out on top back of your roof. you may need to silicone inside around the seal by taking the headliner off.
    Heres a DIY on how to take it off -----> http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=639322
    Last edited by karvinw; 16-11-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wow nice, thanks for all the info! ill start off by replacing the tail light gasket and see how that goes