Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT

URGENT HELP! car wont start.

hey guys. my car shit itself today and i need urgent help.

i was cruising along in a 60mh/h zone, just changed from 2nd to 3rd, started coasting, then when i went to put my foot down to keep my speed up nothing happened, looked at speedo/tacho and everything was on zero so my car had died, battery light and oil pressure light come on at the dash of course.

so after being stuck at some traffic lights with my hazzards i got a push.

car is a dec 94 build dc4 with b18b2, 285xxx kms

car cranks over but wont start.

when we first opened the bonnet, one of the spark plug leads had popped off the dizzy.

when i turn ignition on i can hear the fuel pump? in the fuel tank priming. but when i try to start it just cranks.

a few people have suggest the fuel pump? or the fuel filter? or whatever it is in the engine bay. could it be my dizzy has shit itself?

please help!

ps. my car has turned off like this by itself once before, except it started again.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Methinks its the dizzy. try get a new one. its not too much.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    where can i get one on a sunday though?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Not sure Lukey! Some wreckers are open on Sundays. Actually i think most are open. Try call some up. I dont think installing a dizzy is too hard.

Yeah cause you can hear the fuel pump meaning its working but no sparks. iunno im no expert but im pretty sure its dizzy.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    agree with Chauster, get the dizzy looked at first as i remember with mine, the screws under the diz cap were loose and needed tightening...like urs my car wudnt start

also if one of your plugs pops out whilst driving the car wont die but will rattle, and become very loud...
    when it cranks does it turn on momentarily then die in like half a second? if so it may be ur ignition switch

syd has the same issue. the dizzy died. he had it replaced and now it drives - he just needs to get the timing fixed now.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    it just continuously cranks.

am i able to pull my dizzy of and pull it apart to have a look? or am i better off getting a new one?

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    pretty sure you can. dizzy comes with 3 parts? cover, base and coil? I'm not sure how you do it though, never tried.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    might aswell have a look at it if your gunna get it replaced...remove the plastic cover and have a look at the grounded bolts, if they are loose tighten them

whend u last change ur plugs? and before u buy a dizzy get ur mech or someone experienced to have a look at it just incase

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i had the plugs changed about probably about 25000kms ago, theya re ngk iridiums, i pulled one out and had a look, looked fine.

and i dont have a mech, cos im a 1st year apprentice mechanic

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    looking at the service manual i got on my pc, i suspect it could be the fuel filter, as i can hear the fuel pump priming.

it also suggests pgm-fi relay but i dont have the stuff at home to check it nor do i understand electrical very well.

the service manual i got on my pc it should be replaced every 60k miles or 96k kms, but i got some pics of a service books from an aus dc2r, and it says it should be replaced every 40k kms, and mine hasnt be replaced since i got the car about 75k kms ago.

i think i should be looking at that

some kids garage

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    check your coil pack