Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Just bought my first Civic.. Inexpensive ways to make it nice?

Well I'm happy with my first car. Isn't a hatch or coupe.. Its a 4 door sedan lol. Honda Civic GLI, 2000 model..

Now the car is stock.. I know you can get rims and other expensive things to make cars look amazing, but what can I get to give it a little kick to make it look nice without spending thousands more?

I mean small, inexpensive things which stand out from the rest and make it look nice.

The interior is quite boring and plain. Any cool tips to brighten the dullness of it a bit?

Having a look around at some mugen things and what not, but just thought I'd ask if theres anything in particular that I haven't looked at yet.

Ty

Edit (Found a pic my brother saved to computer):

Last edited by ind1; 23-10-2010 at 06:46 PM.

if i may ask, how much did u pay for this car?

I will ask mum soon.. How much we should have paid you reckon? Idk.. Have to call her soon..

I added a pic.. Does it look ok?
    Last edited by ind1; 23-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    what model? colour?

have a look around cos there is some affordable shit out there...like u can get some decent rims with rubber for about $400, add another 300 or so for some lowered springs and ur set

performance wise, cheap would be getting an air filter (car will sound nice and rev freely) or some headers

describe the car a bit more and well be able to point u in the right direction

Oh wtf must of deleted that part out of my original post.. -.-

Its a 2000 GLI, 4-door sedan..

Would I be able to make it look something like this?

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    absofruitely! minus the spoiler and add some dumpage

oh just seen ur pic...nice wheels just needs some lowering

wat size rims btw?

Ey,

Whats dumpage btw?

Rims are 16".. Wheres a good place to lower and how much would I be lookin at you reckon?

Member Array
    dumpage: moar lows.

son you have a lot to learn!
    naturally i finished my set.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 EK CIVIC VTI
    $270-$300 = look at lowering springs, (not too much otherwise you'll have to worry about changing shocks etc)
    $50 - colour coding your door trims (and possibly side skirt).
    $150-$250 - tint
    $20-$30 - throw over seat covers
    a few other overnight parts from japan.
    just put it on your tab at harrys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    I dont suggest you look at Mugen parts if you want to make it nice in an inexpensive way.

Nice first car though dude its a good daily driver. If it was mine I would leave it how it is now

Banned Array
    Car:
    SUV honda :)
    Where about are you located?

Whatever you do in regards to lowering your car, do not chop your springs! Very unsafe and can cause severe damages to you, your car and others who are around you!

Well imo you can start lowering your car professionally, from there you can get a cheap sports exhaust and say no to cannons. Lol.
    Diy ek9 head lights? (With these, I recommend use night shades instead of acryiic spray on paint, it will turn out more legit), colour coded (as previous post), rear lip?
    DIY ek9 grill (30mins job).

Interior, grab those rubber anti slip thing for your consoles, there is a diy here which looks good and costs less than $10!
    Diy door trims to suede or any of your choice, seat covers? And maybe a decent sound system?

That's all from on top of my head haha.

Good luck! And maybe you should start a build thread!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjames View Post
    $270-$300 = look at lowering springs, (not too much otherwise you'll have to worry about changing shocks etc)
    $50 - colour coding your door trims (and possibly side skirt).
    $150-$250 - tint
    $20-$30 - throw over seat covers
    a few other overnight parts from japan.
    just put it on your tab at harrys.
    Thanks for that man! Thats exactly what I was after

@Jks24,

Yeah thats probably good idea. Thanks mate.

@FK-1337,

I'm located in Melbourne. Lol I don't plan on chopping anything.. Hoping to learn a lot from this car without massacring it Awesome post thanks a lot man. Will have a look into the things you mentioned.