Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    obviously he hasnt been to liverpool, specifically cabramatta. u see idiots with number plates like illest, cool, vtc247, vtec, vtak, vttak (total face palm) -_- with their squeely exhausts and hitting vtec to get onto cumberland hwy.

dont get me wrong, i love my hondas but i hate it when majority of vtec owners are straight line warriors and its only when they lose they go " RACE ME ON THE TRACK THEN"
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    ROFL @ "Ive lost in a straight line at the lights, now lets take it to the race track" - you probably wouldnt be seeing that dude in a WRX in the next 10 years
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

might point out guys that a lot of the time the factory 0-100 times are based on a formula. They dont always reflect the actual times that can be done, driver influence is massive.

Motorbikes are much the same, my r6 is claimed to get to 100 in something like 3.3 secs but this is based on the formula of a 90kw bike being ridden by a 60kw man (for example), generally this is not going to occur!

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_scriber View Post
    I sure did!

"DC2r will catch it as soon as Vtec kicks in"

"my b18c5 eh didnt have a problem racing a 99wrx off the line"

"0-100 times for both Integra and WRX are roughly the same"

"in reality the dc2r will keep up if not beat in a straight line"

"they are the same stock"

"Stock for stock, Dc2R is an easy pick"

Maybe we've been reading different threads?
    Yes, I have to agree with you completely NightKids.

Wheels, Motor, Drive and Autospeed are all absurd publications.

How dare they test an Aussie spec MY99 WRX and prove us (actually, you) wrong:

"The cars comprised a bog standard MY99 WRX with 14,000km on the clock. Our best 0-100 km/h time for the standard car was 5.71 secs."

"Wheels have recorded a 5.8 sec 0-100 in the MY98. Motor rate the MY99 at 5.91".

"Note the standard MY98 runs a turbo pressure of 12.76 psi (0.88 Bar) whilst the MY99 standard boost is set to 13.6 psi or 0.94 Bar. Also of interest is that Wheels normally test with a full tank and single passenger aboard, while Motor tests with half a tank and only the driver aboard. This extra weight does make a difference!"

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0396/printArticle.html

"The WRX gets annual upgrades to its specification and the latest takes it to model year 1999, from which it gets its MY99 designation. Anything more than a semi-serious squirt of the throttle pins the driver back in the seat and leaves other cars behind. Find another car costing less than $100,000 that will accelerate to 100kmh in less than six seconds and you're doing well."

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-...824-13ng8.html

Absolutely absurd - I agree!
    No sarcasm this time, NightKids?

First, you state that it is impossible for a standard WRX to run high 5's - I quote, it's "absolutely absurd".

Then, when you are given objective, reputable and repeatable information that proves you are mistaken, you then run to the (predictable) and safe sanctuary of the WRX's gear box, only pro's can get this time etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it. You are either wrong, misinformed or in denial.

I also take it that you've rarely had a chance to launch a WRX. It's easy as pie - bounce it off the rev limiter, side step the clutch and away you go, regardless of whether you're a pro or just fully sik.

I've also had the opportunity to drive Integra VTI-Rs, Type Rs and Type S' and they were generally trickier to launch well compared with the WRX.

I love Hondas as much as you do but I'm not so oblivious to cold, hard numbers, nor am I under the mistaken assumption that nothing in a Honda breaks but everything in other car manufacturers crumble.

The moment we start thinking like that, we become fan bois Sarcasm included
    classic =D
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by raffyboy View Post
    WTFace no more bitching for me i will choose the dc2r because of the quality and the enjoyment you will get catching wrx on track hahaha - IN! before close thread
    Now this is classic and this man is a legend...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Hm. DC2R for looks, but you can't go past AWD...

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    OK come back here when you can get under 6 seconds in a stock MY99. Post video too plz.
    You come up with some very illogical arguments!

Why would I have to go out and personally get under 6 seconds in a stock My99 WRX when this has been repeatedly and consistently achieved by different and independent motoring journalists?!

In case you didn't read it (or chose to ignore it) the first time:

Autospeed - Bog standard MY99 in 5.71 seconds.

Motor Magazine - Bog standard MY99 in 5.91 seconds.

Wheels Magazine - Bog standard MY98 in 5.8 seconds.

And what do we have here? Hello! It's another nail for your coffin - see the attached image.

Sometimes you should quit when you're already a bit behind, rather than continuing on and looking even less credible.

This is the interweb and you wouldn't be the first guy that's been wrong on it.

I take my hat off to mikecivic78.

The moment he saw the facts comfirming the high 5 second time for the WRX, he put his hand up and was happy to be corrected.

You could learn a lot off him

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    LOL Thats not good enough...can you find a 4 sec 0-100 ?
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    13.9 stock wrx? hmmmmmmm really? what does the STi Run then? 0-100 times? very interested

Cyber Scriber...what a champion

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by twelve View Post
    might point out guys that a lot of the time the factory 0-100 times are based on a formula. They dont always reflect the actual times that can be done, driver influence is massive.

Motorbikes are much the same, my r6 is claimed to get to 100 in something like 3.3 secs but this is based on the formula of a 90kw bike being ridden by a 60kw man (for example), generally this is not going to occur!
    omg, a 60 kW man?!!
    he could bench hundreds of kg's!

You come up with some very illogical arguments!

Why would I have to go out and personally get under 6 seconds in a stock My99 WRX when this has been repeatedly and consistently achieved by different and independent motoring journalists?!

In case you didn't read it (or chose to ignore it) the first time:

Autospeed - Bog standard MY99 in 5.71 seconds.

Motor Magazine - Bog standard MY99 in 5.91 seconds.

Wheels Magazine - Bog standard MY98 in 5.8 seconds.

And what do we have here? Hello! It's another nail for your coffin - see the attached image.

Sometimes you should quit when you're already a bit behind, rather than continuing on and looking even less credible.

This is the interweb and you wouldn't be the first guy that's been wrong on it.

I take my hat off to mikecivic78.

The moment he saw the facts comfirming the high 5 second time for the WRX, he put his hand up and was happy to be corrected.

You could learn a lot off him
    Please see attached image...