Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CU2] Milano Red

Hi everyone,

Yes , I've a MR CU2 , and recently i realized that this color has a dark side!It will eventually fade to milano pink , anyone here owns a Milano red honda? are you guys experiencing color fading?

during the day my car will be in a building , and evening i'll drive it back home and it will be outside overnight.hopefully the evening sun not as deadly as the afternoon sun.

the red now is just too beautiful, and i really want to preserve it as well as i can , is there any tips to take care of the paint , preventing it from color fade?such as ming shine coating or other similar product will help?

I'm planning to drive this car for at least 6-8 years , hope the color will keep up till then

cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hello

I have seen a CL9 few months ago discounted for that reason (faded paint) on the boot.
    It was a face lift 06 model. Lovely car besides the paint fade .... I think some good clay polish/wax will maintain and protect it for sure.
    Try Dodo products, bit pricey but amazing results...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    I have a MR DC5 (2001 my2002 model) and the colour still is great. No signs of fading yet. I do polish every few months or so but not too often.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    i think taking care of your car with regular wash and polish would maintain it well specially a red?
    dont know why that cl9 i saw had fading though on the boot and surrounding areas

Quote Originally Posted by acurabot View Post
    I have a MR DC5 (2001 my2002 model) and the colour still is great. No signs of fading yet. I do polish every few months or so but not too often.
    hi all thanks for the replies , how often you park your car outside?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EH9
    I used to have a milano red eg
    Wouldn't say it was quite at the pink stage yet and I've seen others that were a lot worse
    but there were a couple of places it had been resprayed after repairs and you could see just how faded it really was.
    In all fairness though it was a 17 year old car

I would think if you keep it properly cleaned and waxed it should last for quite a while
    and seeing as it's being kept outside you might consider a good car cover

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    yes, UV here is a big culprit

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah, parking the car under cover out of sunlight is the best option. I've seen a few pinkish CL9 Euros around. The finish looks dull and chalky as well as slightly pink. There's no magic elixir to stop this if you park the car outside all the time.

Also I'm still not 100% sure if the Milano Red on the Euro is clear coated. I am pretty sure it is. Anyone have a Milano Red Euro, and after polishing it seen red come up on the rag?

If the car is clear coated, then polishing away at the clear coat will bring back gloss and some depth of colour as you polish off the oxidised clear coat, but the red underneath would still look not as vibrant as it was when new.

Paint code is:

R-81 Milano Red Tricoat/Clearcoat

- HZ

not sure the clear coat will come off easily ,and it might look dull if the clear coat has come off? is there any product out there act like a permanent UV coating for the paint ?

really sad that this brilliant color will not last! i guess nothing is best in both world

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Just to be clear - I didn't mean polishing off all the clear coat! Just polishing the top layer of the clear back to expose 'fresh' clear.

If you polished through the clear coat it would look horrible...

- HZ

i see,what I've read from other forums , clearcoat is a transparent layer above the base paint , so by polishing the coating will not revive the color as clear coat is transparent.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    I saw a marone coloured CL9 the other day at blacktown dealer and i stopped and went to ask the dealer how come they come in marone was it repainted? He said never this is a standard colour, plenty of them, best colour hahahha...

*I think it's spelt maroon sorry.