Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    The one I serviced was CVT and didnt have the CVT shutter issue, my mums on the other hand, (2004 VTi) had the shutter issue but was fixed via warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    965xxKM 2001 Model VTi CVT, 2nd owner since low 6xxxxKM. So far the battery/Brakes/Valve Clearance have only troubled me, but that's just wear and tear as mentioned in the manual. I also changed the CVT 5 times with geneWIN stuff, as when i bought it, Mazda dealership put some purple liquid in it (idiots)

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    drive it till it will go no more.

my old 02 had the shit thrashed out of it, then i gave it to my olds, it currently has 180 thousand HARD kms on it, and has given very little trouble. In the 10 years i owned the car, i had seen friends trade in 3 new cars every 3 years, what a rip!! an absolute waste of money. keep driving it till its worth nothing, youll be surprised how long that is.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    My 04 VTI manual has done ~205K kms. we passed it on to another family member 3 yrs back.

In the past 9 years, we have ...
    - replaced almost every globe in the car
    - replaced a couple of wheel bearings
    - replace the clutch (last yr or yr before)
    - spark plugs

that's about it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by wyl03 View Post
    My 04 VTI manual has done ~205K kms. we passed it on to another family member 3 yrs back.

In the past 9 years, we have ...
    - replaced almost every globe in the car
    - replaced a couple of wheel bearings
    - replace the clutch (last yr or yr before)
    - spark plugs

that's about it.
    What is the cost of clutch replacement?

Great info guys, i have an EG Bswap but thinking about at end of year grabbing a little Jazz as a get around daily, i have never worked on the Jazz out of all the models you discussed which is the better ones. not worried about Kms as ill drive it till it falls apart when i get a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    IIRC, it was ard 800~900 to replace the clutch, parts & labour, with another OEM unit.

It was done by Hanny's.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by urxqsd View Post
    Great info guys, i have an EG Bswap but thinking about at end of year grabbing a little Jazz as a get around daily, i have never worked on the Jazz out of all the models you discussed which is the better ones. not worried about Kms as ill drive it till it falls apart when i get a car.
    the earlier models were assembled in Japan. i believe they moved the production to Thailand around 2006 and that's where the AU cars came from. (I'm probably wrong about the actual yr .. but it was before the 2nd gen model came out)

I'm showing my prejudices here but would recommend the earlier Jap-assembled ones.

Go for the 1.5L VTI or VTI-S.
    VTI-S is mechanically identical to VTI, just has the added bling bits, i.e. nicer to look.

Most of the cars (not all) are used around the city therefore don't have high mileage.
    Key would be service intervals and log book.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    my sisters 03 has 174000 on it now, and if i wound the speedo back to 50 thousand, youd beleive it. Tight in the gear change, suspension, great car to drive. Has only had all the wheel bearings replaced.

as for jap vs thai..... my 02 jap had more issues ( still bugger all ) than my current 09 thai. my 09 has 92 thousand on it now, and the only issue is the rh rear shockie is stuffed.

My Jazz 1.5l CVT is now up to 300,000kms :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah had a look at a second hand VTI motor. They are pretty cheap only $400 for a 80,000k motor.
    I'm driving mine till it dies, then replacing it for a second hand one.

In my '06, so far the only gremlin in mine is that the internal fan sometimes turns on when the car is off.
    so long as I turn the fan off its fine.

P.S I only have 150,000km atm
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

For anyone wondering, the Jazz is more than capable of high mileages. If serviced and maintained well throughout its life, expect a long life expectancy.