I'm thinking of selling my car soon - eg gl model (was d15 twin carb) now with jap spec b16a in it. Have replaced rear drums with ek4 discs.

So i figure to sell it registered i need to finally get around to changing my engine number with QLD transport to the b16. Getting a mod plate and roadworthy certificate is no hassle and i will easily pass, my question is will QLD transport demand a mod plate for the engine/brakes when i go to change the engine number? I'm after real world experience here, like you have actually walked in and done it, please dont bring up discussion about other states or p plates or anything.

As i see it, in QLD if the engine or mod was an option then its fine, no plate. This being an eg6 motor, a non Aus released engine, i would need a modplate? or has someone got away with it.

And the rear brakes are now EK4 discs, which are the same as eg rear discs right, so could i just say the are eg discs, an option for that car so they wouldn't need a mod plate? Front brakes are standard small gl ones, so technically they should be upgraded, i will get around that fine though. shhhh