Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 FD1

Replacing FD bumper with body kit

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I have searched around a bit for some body kits.

I find that most of the FD body kits are "stick on" rather than replacing the whole rear bumper itself eg. Modulo

I am looking for kits that actually replace the rear bumper itself rather than sticking onto it. Is there anywhere that I can find kits like these? I found some replica Type-R and Mugen RR kits but they don't seem to replace the rear bumper itself. The problem with some sites is they use multiple pictures of the body kit, but the pictures aren't even the same kit that is advertised!

Normally I wouldn't mind a "stick on" one but someone hit my bumper and my car is only 6 months old I feel that replacing the bumper would save more money and would look nicer

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    Type r bkdykit will not be a stick on coz the whole shape is diff. Mugen rr, some are stick on but some are full replacement.

Ings+1 if ur a baller enough.

Js racing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    Feel's or J's Racing.. Mugen RR Advanced.. INGS+1.. C-West.. xD
    WTS
    Alpine KTX-100Q
    HID 6000k HB4/9006 Brand New

Its gonna cost you alot more imo if you replace the whole bumper. How bad is it?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lip > full on bodykit IMO, too much of a radical change and sometimes a bit over the top.

and no it wouldn't be chaper, you'd be spending a lot because u gotta paint a whole lot more..
    Last edited by curtis265; 30-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.

^ but you would have to get the bumper fixed if its pretty bad. Wouldnt it be cheaper to just get a new replica bumper and paint it? Fitting it probably wont be too difficult

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 FD1
    Thanks for the replies.

Found a site in QLD (http://www.bodykitskingdom.com.au/civic-carbon.htm) that does replica parts, I guess I'll be getting the rear bumper from there.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    lip > full on bodykit IMO, too much of a radical change and sometimes a bit over the top.

and no it wouldn't be chaper, you'd be spending a lot because u gotta paint a whole lot more..
    I would normally get a lip, my bumper was hit so hard that the bumper cracked near the left taillight. Also, quite a lot of paint got scraped off, so a respray is inevitable! Unfortunately I cant put a lip on it

If you have more ideas and places for kits (domestic only), hook me up cause this bumper is permanently... broken.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    the rear boot lid seems to interest me as you can chuck a wing on it without drilling holes in your existing boot, but 700 dorrah
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27