Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a FD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9

Buying a FD

First post here so hello to everyone! Looking forward to getting more involved with this forum.

I'm currently on the market for a FD1 so I have some questions.

1. Anything model specific I should be wary of? Any common faults, issues I should b on the lookout for?

2. http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=1296F53D5337 this is car I'm keen on. Looks great value with low k's! What do you guys think?

3. Is it worth spending a bit more for the VTI-L or sport versions?

4. I have got a few mods in mind such as mugen kit, coils/springs, and some rims.

Thanks guys,
    DY

Just check out for any unusal things during the test drive. Get a revs check and mechanic to check out the car, could save you some $$ if anything is wrong with the car. Well the car has a road worthy certificate so it looks alright by the looks of it. Cant promise anything though.
    That car seems to be pretty cheap, check if the car has been in any accidents too. Personally, i wouldnt purchase a car that has been in an accident due to problems that could arise.
    Just my opinion, vti is the best for value. Comes standard, unless you have enough money to buy the sport. If your doing it up, the vti would save you 10 or so thousand dollars which you can spend on your car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Yerr i'm very keen on the car but ideally would love to sell my current car first, though that car seems extremely good value! And it's white! The car is actually in my suburb here in Brissy, so I might take it for a test drive. If all is good I'll do the REVS and get my friends dad whos a mech to check it out!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Either go for the VTi or Sport. Avoid the VTi-L unless you absolutely must have the CD stacker/steering wheel audio controls but can't spring for the Sport.

If you're planning to mod with your own rims, audio system, etc... the only real benefit of going for Sport over the VTI is the 2L engine (and paddle shift if you go auto) and the improved safety features (airbags).

Interestingly I see the car you linked is a VTi for $16k. I was actually planning on selling my automatic 2006 VTi-L for $16,500! Anyway ended up changing mind and keeping it but I'm surprised they're still quite pricey. I would've expected it to be sub $15k now. LOL at the photos included though- at least you know it was driven by a girl presumably Asian based on the item dangling from the mirror (forgot what it's called but my parents have something similar).
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    LOL at the photos included though- at least you know it was driven by a girl presumably Asian based on the item dangling from the mirror (forgot what it's called but my parents have something similar).
    LOL yep for sure haha. Guess that might be a good thing since the k's reflect a minimal amount of driving for a 4 year old car

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by dee-y View Post
    LOL yep for sure haha. Guess that might be a good thing since the k's reflect a minimal amount of driving for a 4 year old car
    Def. Even with my minimal driving (I live in the CBD) I still have hit the 50 mark over the 4 and a half years (bought mine in March 06 at launch).
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    I'll give her a ring after work today what should I realistically bargain the price down to?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I'd probably aim for $14ish if it's in good condition?
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    I'll defs be happy for that amount. Heck I would even get a loan to get the car and pay it off as soon as my current car sells.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    UPDATE: He says he will accept 15k as his lowest, but I think I can get him down to around 14.5k, which I'll be happy with. The only slight problem he has no logs (misplaced during moving), but the car has been serviced 4 times. Thus I will ask him to get one and get the 4 services stamped as the garage should still have a record. Hopefully all goes well!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    hey man. where abouts in brisbane are u located? need more in the bris fd & ozhonda community! lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    I know right! I never saw many around which kinda made me enthusiastic to take it up haha. I'm located on southside Eight mile plains, close proximity to MS and sunnybank plaza haha.

DY