Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Highway Patrol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L

Highway Patrol

Do highway patrol cars who are measuring speed either inside the car or with a lidar or radar gun outside have to get into the car and chase you to verify who is driving in order to issue an offence?

I saw one on the M4 today, and i was going around the corner at 70 and it's a 60 corner - i was just going with the flow (no excuse I know)...anyway there was a cop car sitting there no one outside, just inside the car im guessing and im guessing they were measuring speed around the corner as you enter the M4...so if that's the case then i reckon i would have got caught. But my mate told me they have to chase you or pull you over to verify details (like your the driver of the car) in order to issue a fine. Is that true? Or do they just send it to you in the mail?

Tbh i don't think you've been done....
    They DON'T need to pull you over to book you but it'd be to difficult for them to book people as so many cars would take the corner faster then what you should be doing...
    Everyone does it tbh.....

I think you'll b right.

EDIT: Stick to the speed limit =)
    Last edited by WATAJK; 30-10-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    Mate just do the speed limit and you won't have to ask these questions, technically they would have to pull you over to check your license/rego/ breath test etc

Been done before, highway patrol cars have inbuilt speed camera's. But if you we're going too fast it'll literally do a "U turn" and pull you up. Thats my experience anway. Tried to be a lil smart and asked for evidence of my speed, he told to me to come for a walk, looked inside his car on the dash, had my speed. So can't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

i got done on my birthday last year lol worst day -.- all the money i got was spent on the fine >.>"
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by V73C View Post
    Been done before, highway patrol cars have inbuilt speed camera's. But if you we're going too fast it'll literally do a "U turn" and pull you up. Thats my experience anway. Tried to be a lil smart and asked for evidence of my speed, he told to me to come for a walk, looked inside his car on the dash, had my speed. So can't complain.

Sorry but I had to lol. Worth a try though!

So Highway Patrol does need to pull you over, but regular fixed cameras don't?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    they wont pull you over for going 10 over. seriously depends on what kind of day they're having, i was on bell st coburg and got pulled over because i didn't indicate merging lanes.. (going from the left lane to the right lane) 2 points and $130 later.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    they wont pull you over for going 10 over. seriously depends on what kind of day they're having, i was on bell st coburg and got pulled over because i didn't indicate merging lanes.. (going from the left lane to the right lane) 2 points and $130 later.
    Well that is a no brainer...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    yeap, all comes down to how well there days been... usually if there in shitty mood, odds are u get screwed over lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    Look, if you get done by a fixed speed camera, sucked in fool !........
    A mobile (ie moving) radar is a different kettle of fish....meaning you will be pulled over by the police to confirm your offence
    A portable fixed will not have anyone that stops you, it is a digital camera that can take multiple fast images of multiple speeding vehicles....
    The main thing here is, you have said you were speeding, so if you get fined, bad luck....
    The argument "everyone else was" is completely useless, because again you are admitting you know you were at fault....
    Ignorance is no defence.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    By the way....the idea 'you won't get done for only 10 over' is also complete bulls**t......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by THEEYA View Post
    Well that is a no brainer...
    is it really ? i no of 2 people (females) pulled over for not indicating and getting warnings only. so go figure.. upto how good of a day theyre having.
    also with regard to speeding 10kph over they wont literally pull you over on the spot but you will get a fine.
    snapping 2nd..