Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L

Arrow [CL9] - [Recently Purchased EURO]

Hi Everyone,

Here are the pics of my new EURO standard. 2004 Model, done 99k's when I bought it 3 months ago now done 110k's.

Just serviced wth new genuine air filter, flushed with royal purple 5W-30, NGK Platinum Iridium plugs, some blue coloured oil filter hahahaha...

I also added in leather black head rests to match my black interior (cloth). Just got the whole car waxed.

You guys wanna post your recently bought CL9's too???

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    niceeeeee..

any mod plans?
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    hahaha thank you. I will investigate and figure what ill do to it by sticking to these forums but this is my list that i go to bed n dream about:

1. New Tires - Bridgestone RE040 or RE050A or RE001 or Michilen P7 whatever is good...
    2. My mate said he'd sell me the 17" sport alloys from his luxury euro for $400 im thinkin about it.
    3. Side Skirts, front and rear and boot lip
    4. New brakes, maybe new shocks as I feel the ride should be a bit better
    5. HID Lighting, interior white lighting
    6. better speakers, even though they thump quite well now.
    7. Not sure whether to get Euro R front or Mugen front, I don't wanna lose the honda logo yet love the Mugen metal thing in the middle. Maybe keep the logo and put mugen on the side of it?

As for all the sport mods or engine mods i need to learn A LOT more before i engage in that,

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Sometimes I think just keep it stock haha...

Oh yeah i forgot: Fog lights!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    And another one is caught into modding on Ozhonda.. lol

Congrats on the purchase! my mate has a Mugen front lip for sale, and I have a New Euro r grille for sale. PM me for details if you want

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    I reckon:

1) Tyres - RE040 are overpriced and aren't very good..get RE001's - I'm picking some up next week. Advance Tyres in Richmond have them on sale..RE050A's apparently are the best but seem a bit expensive though!
    2) I reckon they'll make it look a lot better..for $400 you can't go wrong =)
    3) Might be pricey..go the euro r kit =)
    5) I did a HID retrofit as well, H1 are the size you're looking for, the OEM halogen projectors aren't too bad and provide a relatively good cut off- not as good as OEM HID projectors but can't complain

Anddd..don't bother with foglights, cost way too much for what you get and I barely use them...

Imo first bang for buck is a whiteline rear sway bar (18mm) - really transforms the car handling! best $200 I've spent

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    hahaha thank you. I will investigate and figure what ill do to it by sticking to these forums but this is my list that i go to bed n dream about:

1. New Tires - Bridgestone RE040 or RE050A or RE001 or Michilen P7 whatever is good...
    2. My mate said he'd sell me the 17" sport alloys from his luxury euro for $400 im thinkin about it.
    3. Side Skirts, front and rear and boot lip
    4. New brakes, maybe new shocks as I feel the ride should be a bit better
    5. HID Lighting, interior white lighting
    6. better speakers, even though they thump quite well now.
    7. Not sure whether to get Euro R front or Mugen front, I don't wanna lose the honda logo yet love the Mugen metal thing in the middle. Maybe keep the logo and put mugen on the side of it?

As for all the sport mods or engine mods i need to learn A LOT more before i engage in that,
    1) New tyres, the RE001 are really a bang for buck but depends what profile you get. I've got FN2R 18" which are 40 profile and i've travelled 30k on them and i now need replacement. at 350-410 a pop it aint cheap.

2) If i were you just stick to the 17" sport alloy they look nice and aggressive enough and you wont be spending as much as me on tyres. I think it comes to about 240 - 270 a pop.

3) Just get the Euro R kit. Nice and clean!

4) Depends on what you plan to do with the car. If its heavy breaking and spirited driving get aftermarket brakes. If just daily driving just get the OEM its good enough, if you get aftermarket make sure the compound is the same as OEM otherwise you start chewing through your rotors.

4i) Shocks are a good upgrade. Once again depend what what you want to do with the car. If a daily, get shocks and springs. something like Koni Yellow's or Bilstein with Eibach Springs. I've got the Bilstein and Eibach set up and i LOVE IT! Smooth Ride but stiffer when needed. Also ask Tony1234 his got the same setup. Otherwise Coilovers if you plan to track the car. But b ready to spend $$$ to get some decent Coils... none of these D2's rubbish or even Tein SS's

5) HID's are good.... OEM is even better... Now that the CL9 are older you should look around wreckers for OEM HID headlights.. might be a few extra $$$ but well worth it and it look stock so u wont get trouble from the pigs.... But saying that in the past when i had HIDs in my reflector at 6000k i never got trouble.

6) Remember that better speakers is more weight... you can go all out and get a line converter and then amp up your new better speaker... yes it would sound good but really its not a home theatre your enjoying your movie on. Just get an iPod connector.... i recommend USASPEC PA15HON. Plug n play on the euro stereo. and u can still use ur steering wheel controls.

7) Thats ur choice buddy... i Like the Euro R look.

8) Oh one last thing that makes you enjoy your car when you drive is a Cold Air In Take... anything will do... and wait till 6K Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh LOL love it!

Quote Originally Posted by iLlusion10 View Post
    I reckon:

1) Tyres - RE040 are overpriced and aren't very good..get RE001's - I'm picking some up next week. Advance Tyres in Richmond have them on sale..RE050A's apparently are the best but seem a bit expensive though!
    2) I reckon they'll make it look a lot better..for $400 you can't go wrong =)
    3) Might be pricey..go the euro r kit =)
    5) I did a HID retrofit as well, H1 are the size you're looking for, the OEM halogen projectors aren't too bad and provide a relatively good cut off- not as good as OEM HID projectors but can't complain

Anddd..don't bother with foglights, cost way too much for what you get and I barely use them...

Imo first bang for buck is a whiteline rear sway bar (18mm) - really transforms the car handling! best $200 I've spent
    1) RE040 aren't that shit. RE001 are shit in the wet like really shit. RE050 are the best for wet weather but the compound is much softer and will not last you as long as your RE001. As i said above Bang for Buck.

Nothing wrong with fogs.. Just get the Kits from Ebay... cheap as... i have my fog lights on all the time... i dun care if i get pulled over cos i'll just turn them off.

anyways all the Above is My 2c worth... at the end of the day its up to you.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    pm me for good 17 tyres cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    1) RE040 aren't that shit. RE001 are shit in the wet like really shit. RE050 are the best for wet weather but the compound is much softer and will not last you as long as your RE001. As i said above Bang for Buck.

Nothing wrong with fogs.. Just get the Kits from Ebay... cheap as... i have my fog lights on all the time... i dun care if i get pulled over cos i'll just turn them off.

Agree with you there on the RE040's, sorry let me clarify, their not that decent bang for buck compared to RE001s.

I personlly would rather spend the $200-300 on fogs on a CAI/Swaybar =)

Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post

Just serviced wth new genuine air filter, flushed with royal purple 5W-30, NGK Platinum Iridium plugs, some blue coloured oil filter hahahaha...
    lol genuine Honda oil filter is blue..

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    ............Nothing wrong with fogs.. Just get the Kits from Ebay... cheap as... i have my fog lights on all the time... i dun care if i get pulled over cos i'll just turn them off.

VIC is so goooooddd

In NSW use of fog lights in non adverse weather will cost you 2 demerit points and just $86

Rule 218-1 (a) Use fog light when not permitted 2 $86

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregul...ts_general.pdf

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Vic the same a mate got done for foglights
    But it depends on the cop some are lazy to pull u over