Installing 2-DIN headunit inside Accord Euro's middle glove box

Has any1 done this before?
    Can I still close the glove box cover?

It certainly has the space to do it but there would be a lot of custom brackets etc to hold the unit in place behind the fascia.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Looking at installing a 2 din eclipse monitor as described above. I definatley still want to close the centre glove box a how much would a custom job like this cost.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    lowrde has fiited a monitor down there in his euro
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux
    i am sure some of the melbourne euro's have had that done!
    i remember seeing one @ MAS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    i too want to know this as well, i want to upgrade my sound system but it depends weather or not i can install my double DIN

i got a quote awile back and they said it'll cost around 500 for just the custom installation....which is a bit crap

has anyone got picture of a double din or something of that size installed in that compartment?

if you mean the compartment underneath the stock headunit... thats where my aftermarket head unit is installed... i had a custom front plate taylored for the spot for bout 200 bucks. Itd be impossible to install a double din without removing the compartment... blokes at northfield said it would be impossible to do a single din wihtout removing it so yea. But regardless aftermarket sound in a euro will always cause a bit more bother than some cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    ouch 200 bucks.....u know theres this.. for 50 bucks
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/newrepl...ote=1&p=201937

Your link doesnt seem to be working... but i know the plastic unit your refering too. i saw that after i bought it... still happy with mine tho... the shape of stock was matched with bent alluminum then a thin layer of wood was grafted on top of that then felt, then vinal. Kinda hard to explain.. got a pic doesnt really do it justice, in regular light (not camera flash) its near perfect colour match of the stock vinal (the headunit wasnt in at this stage)...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    hey that looks ok

i'm planing to buy a alpine swig face deck so i want a stealth installation, the problem is that i want to keep my door, im thinking it would look ugly without the door in a luxuary model, anyone got a full picture like above?