Member Array
    Car:
    AP1

late vtec kick in

Hi guys, i recently put more oil in my ep3 type r, as it was very low, i put castrol magnatec 10-40 in it, and it felt good, then i filled it right up to the high dot, it seems to run fine but vtec kicks in at about 6500 rpm, instead of ?5850? rpm, could that be the reason? or are there other reasons? I have an injen cold air intake and no other mods, ecu is standard.

Thats strange but since you have a low km ep3 you should have used 5w30, and for vtec kicking in im not quite sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    yea its got 88,000kms on it, any other reasons why it would kick in latw?

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    My ep is only on 60k I use 10-40w motul 300v and it seems fine, vtec should be past 6k rev anyways so I don't think you should be worried matt, I'm running just a gruppe m intake.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My ep is only on 60k I use 10-40w motul 300v and it seems fine, vtec should be past 6k rev anyways so I don't think you should be worried matt, I'm running just a gruppe m intake.
    Haha, you made me let out
    A sigh of relief lol, but I thought the vtec engage was supposed to be 5850rpm? I can only really hear it kick in at 6500

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Nah it's over 6,well you notice the crossover at like 62-6.5. If it engages past 7 I'd be worried!
    SPAM|WERKS

Hey guys can you explain why different oil is being used based on the age of the engine?

Clearly im new to this world!

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    not too sure on how to explain it so i googled it for you. http://www.ehow.com/about_6571655_vi...l-do-use_.html
    SPAM|WERKS

Newcomer Array
    i start to hear vtec kick in at about 5800rpm then at 6000rpm you can def hear it. using elf 10 40w and 62,500km on the clock