Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S

Stereo locked help!!!

Ok so i bought my DC5S a bit over a month ago without owners manual, and just yesterday i was installing some footwell ambient lighting (my first mod and first thing ive done to alter a car. Took me agessss). So i was playing with the fuses to try and find which fuse was the dome light, and by doing that i must of removed the stereo fuse at one stage and set off the anti theft measures.

So my question is how do i reactivate my stereo, i know by holding down the preset 1 and 6 that it displays some numbers but i don't know what they are and how they are used. Please help as its getting a bit boring sitting in traffic with just the idle noise :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Hahah thanks on the exhaust advice. You know anything about this stereo thing? I've read that the dealerships charge you to get the code.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    lol i wouldn't think that it would be a standard code for all steroes so i don't think another dc5s owner can just give you his.

how much does the dealership charge you? ring them up, if it's 20 bucks or less maybe just pay it? or else this is a perfect opportunity to buy an aftermarket headunit.

an aftermarket head unit would be perfect for playing sounds of your car's idle with different exhausts. simply download videos or sound clips of mugen twin loop and js racing and others and hook up your ipod, then sit at the lights playing them. your idle will be much less boring. also, if you download clips of cars with lumpy cams and play that, it will be interesting and people will think you have a monster engine. you can even get creative, download ferrari sound clips and turn your exhaust note into an enzo fxx exhaust, then watch as the ladies come running towards you ripping off their t shirts.

^ lmfao!
    Get the vin number, give it to a parts and accessories department, receive security code!

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Firstly, go and get your logbooks out. Look in the 'Owners Warranty and Service Manual' for the Registration Card page, and look for a code.

If it is not there, look in the Users manual under 'instruments and controls', the number may be written there somewhere. (keep in mind I have a DC2, so just look in your own books, might be under a different heading...)

If you don't find the number in there, just go to your local Honda Service and Spare Parts and give them you VIN Number, and you will get your code, free of charge.

I know this because I literally just got back from from there to get my code for this exact problem. I reset my ECU and didn't realize I'd need the stereo code.

Spoke to the chick at the desk, and had my code within a minute. Simple!

Hope that helps mate!

EDIT: The code for my Integra (1998 DC2) is 35546. I'm not sure if that is a number specific to my car (Im guessing it is) or to the model in general. Just incase anyone wants to try.
    Last edited by Vvvtec; 01-11-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Thanks vvvtec. Yeah unfortunately i bought the car with out any books. But I'm going to try your code (doubt it works) and try the dealership on thursday. Thanks for the reply

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Anytime mate

Let us know when you get it!
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Ok so this is getting a bit ridiculous now, but i went to my local honda dealership and they didn't have it in their system. So they asked me to ring Blue Ribbon honda in Qld as they were pre delivery or something like that. They didn't have it either so they told me to go back to my local dealership. And now they are telling me that it will cost me $153 dollars for them to remove it and find the serial number on the back and send it off to honda australia which could take a couple of business days. Are there any guides to taking off a DC5S stereo on the internet? It took me 3 Hours to install interior lighting so I'm in no way experienced in 'car pulling aparting'.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    That is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

In my mind, they set the precedent when they gave me mine for free. I may have been lucky, because (who I assume was the boss/manager) was roaming around office and came over and gave the chick who I was with a hand to find it.

I know it's alot of stuffing around, but I strongly recommend that you go back in there, and ask to speak to the manager, and get him to give you a hand.

Like I said mate, I got mine for free, and my car is a few years older (1998) than yours, and it was still in the system.

That's just BS from Honda's side unfortunately.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Yeah I'm going to have to go down there tomorrow i think. But it's gonna take up 1 of my only days off unfortunately.
    I've read that holding down the preset buttons 1 and 6 and then turning the radio on displays a 10 digit sequence of letters and numbers U8757 L3534 for example. I told the blue ribbon guy this code and asked whether it was the serial and he had no idea what it was. I think I'm going to ring my dealership to find out what it is. vvvtec do you remember what your serial was? anyone else can they list their serial number. Is it similar to the above number?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubes View Post
    Yeah I'm going to have to go down there tomorrow i think. But it's gonna take up 1 of my only days off unfortunately.
    I've read that holding down the preset buttons 1 and 6 and then turning the radio on displays a 10 digit sequence of letters and numbers U8757 L3534 for example. I told the blue ribbon guy this code and asked whether it was the serial and he had no idea what it was. I think I'm going to ring my dealership to find out what it is. vvvtec do you remember what your serial was? anyone else can they list their serial number. Is it similar to the above number?
    Just make sure your upfront and you don't leave till you get what your after
    Your the customer, your always right.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Just make sure your upfront and you don't leave till you get what your after
    Your the customer, your always right.
    Listen to this guy^^ Repped.
    part time potato