Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

difference between dc2 type r & dc2 type r 'sport'

Ive noticed on carsales, there are two types of type r's available. the integra type r & integra type r 'sport'. tbh i see no difference in them. i also checked on redbook through there specs and are pretty much the same. can someone care to tell me the difference between them?
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    there is no real difference.

Unless the seller is talking about the 2001 limited edition dc2r's that came with things such as yellow recaroes.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    no difference.
    people put their car in the 'sport' category because they think it gets more exposure.
    all audm type rs are the same spec and simply called type r.
    as above i think yellow seats was a limited edition option for yellow r's but dc2rs were limited edition regardless so....

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    yeh most of them i see in the "sport" section are the limited edition 2001 models, so i assume thats what they mean.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    I looked at a DC2r "Sport" back when I was in the market for one before I got the EM1

The only difference I noticed was that the sport had some kind of stabilising bar in the boot and it had pods on the rear bumper..these were probably optional accesories anyways with the normal DC2R..

Yes there were some limited edition yellow ones with yellow recaros in 2001. I had a deposit on one but it fell through..

ohh yeahh.. the yellow recaros. altho limited edition, i didnt like it at all cause i hate the yellow color overall lolol
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    yer type r sport got some freebies that were options on normal dc2r.

eg, sports pedals, type r floor mats, sticker on the rear window that says ''integra type r'' and a strut brace in the boot
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    yer type r sport got some freebies that were options on normal dc2r.

eg, sports pedals, type r floor mats, sticker on the rear window that says ''integra type r'' and a strut brace in the boot
    *some may call it a chassis brace coz its bolted onto the chassis
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    *some may call it a chassis brace coz its bolted onto the chassis
    Mine wasn't a "sport", but it had the chassis brace... you mean the one right in the back of the boot yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    people put their car in the 'sport' category because they think it gets more exposure.
    why does everytime this thread comes up, someone posts this. how would you even know mate? you did a survey on this? maybe they bought they're dc2r under sport model so they are just relisting it as that. and i hardly see any ads with the "sport" at the end

Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    no difference.
    there is a diffence, it was posted above. if there was no difference why would there be an option on carsales, and why would redbook have it aswell.. whats with these clueless guys spreading the wrong information. guess this is why we have the PQ system
    Last edited by MWAKU; 04-11-2010 at 05:57 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz_EG6 View Post
    Mine wasn't a "sport", but it had the chassis brace... you mean the one right in the back of the boot yeah?
    No they all get that.. Im talking bout the "strut bar" evn tho technically its not a strut bar..
    Last edited by dc2r-0636; 04-11-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    snapping 2nd..