Thread: Engine Stand

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8

Engine Stand

ok guys, so im sure a few of yous would have pulled engines out before, Whats the best place on the block to secure to the engine stand?? Having a bit of issues with a D series
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

where the gearbox mounts to the block
    MFactory Competition Products

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by xclusive_eg8 View Post
    Ok guys, so I'm sure a few of you would have pulled engines out before, What's the best place on the block to secure to the engine stand?? Having a bit of issues with a D series
    D Series should be like any other engine. I've done a few and there shouldn't be an issue. Two bolts at the top; two at the side (at about 7 o'clock and 5 o'clock.)

The two top ones are long bolts - I use the bolts from the gearbox. The bottom two you can use any long bolts and attach a nut to the other end as they will go right through the attachment point. As e240 said, you use the bolt locations where the gearbox attaches.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    this is the first time im actualy using an engine stand lol, usually had enough grass to dump engine on... But il have a but of a play once this rain clears up, hopefully soon
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.