Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Who here have moved from a DC2R, DC5R, EP3R to a S2000?

I've been searching around, deciding which car i should get. I have read many threads that people change from the Type Rs to S2000 on s2ki and other sites. Everyone seem to love the S2000 and say its better than the Type Rs. I am really stuck between the two.

I don't want to buy a EP3R and end up selling it in under a year because i regret not getting an S2000 or vice versa.

I am willing to pay more for an S2000 if it will stop me from selling the EP3R in under a year. But then i also have the thought that i will sell the S2000 in under a year because of it being impractical only having 2 seats, i will feel bad i can only take 1 person at a time.

The EP3 seems to have a cult going on (Sydney EP3 thread, people recognising each others cars), while i haven't seen much of it from owning a S2000.

I think the S2000 boot will be plenty big enough, especially if i take out the spare tire.

EP3R
    Pros
    - 4 seats
    - EP3 cult
    - K20A easy to get power out of it
    - After a long drive can put the seats flat and have a rest

Cons
    - FWD :'(
    - Not as sexy as the S2000

S2000
    Pros
    - RWD
    - Sexy and appealing
    - Convertible (if only EP3R had a sunroof then i don't really care)

Cons
    - 2 Seater
    - Can't put seats flat down to have a rest after a long drive

So my real question is why did you guys buy a Type R first then change to a S2000? Why didn't you guys just save up for a few more months and buy a S2000 straight out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    I can't really say from personal experience but from the many things i've read over the years a lot of the guy 'can't do just that, 'save up for a few more months' and settle for an R. Others just feel it's more suitable to gain experience from driving a relatively quick fwd within the honda family before moving onto a rwd even though their characteristics are completely different. Additional factors that you might want to consider are the variable costs such as insurance. Have a rest after a long drive? Just bring a mat along and lie on the ground outside hahahaha, you'd be stopping at 'resting' pitstops on long drives anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    as far as the 'cult' thing goes theres a decent s2000 community here, just noone ever seems to want to organise meets down in Melb.

there's also the aus&nz sub-forum on s2ki where theres a spotted thread, etc, etc.

IMO nothing could beat having a RWD 2 seat 9000RPM convertible - I don't think I'll ever sell mine - but that's just me :P

Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    as far as the 'cult' thing goes theres a decent s2000 community here, just noone ever seems to want to organise meets down in Melb.

there's also the aus&nz sub-forum on s2ki where theres a spotted thread, etc, etc.

IMO nothing could beat having a RWD 2 seat 9000RPM convertible - I don't think I'll ever sell mine - but that's just me :P
    So u just went straight for the S2000? No cars before it?

Don't you ever feel the need to drive more than 1 person :P

Quote Originally Posted by sae View Post
    I can't really say from personal experience but from the many things i've read over the years a lot of the guy 'can't do just that, 'save up for a few more months' and settle for an R. Others just feel it's more suitable to gain experience from driving a relatively quick fwd within the honda family before moving onto a rwd even though their characteristics are completely different. Additional factors that you might want to consider are the variable costs such as insurance. Have a rest after a long drive? Just bring a mat along and lie on the ground outside hahahaha, you'd be stopping at 'resting' pitstops on long drives anyway.
    Love ur DP lol.

What do u drive?

When i said long drives i dont mean highway driving. More like driving scenic roads and once u reach the peak/destination u can just sit back in the car and enjoy the view. S2000 seats don't recline back much so it would be less comfortable

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ok where do i start.... first of all with what euromandelux said about not selling it i have to disagree...i would happily sell my s2 for an ap2 lol actually considering it atm as well XD

anyway being more serious, i cant speak so much for the type r but my previous car to the s2 had plenty room bout the same size an an r, you could collapse seats do whatever, honestly the feeling of an s2 versus a 4 seater to me is just great, you feel more like your one with the car, the rear wheel's are right behind you and you have a fantastic 4 banger engine sitting in front its tight, its quick, and being so light it just feels so lively.

Here's a litte story to put it into perspective from my exp. When i had my previous car which was fwd it had good handling, i would race down to maccas with my mates all the time after exams (all of them having commonwhores) with 2 long straights and 1 large bending corner my little peugeot always got me my 3 cheeburgers first cause i could take the corner at far greater speeds, it was mad, all there boasting about who has the most power didnt mean shit at that point. not long later i sold my pug for an s2, about the 2nd day of owning it i went to that same corner and have to admit i couldnt carry the same speeds through as i did with my peugeot. 6 months later after getting more use to the car all i can say is for god sake why are my seats leather, i cant stay in my seat, you pretty much grip the steering wheel for dear life lol. i guess what im trying to say is, the sheer experience you get makes you forget about not having 4 seats.
    And as far as reclining the seats goes, if your going with mates on a long trip just sit in there car, with yours in front, your car will be the view and once again you wont worry about not having 4 seats.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    i would race down to maccas with my mates.
    i shouldnt of said that, i ment we 'accelerated quickly to the speed limit '

thats still illegal lol
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Quote Originally Posted by brendan1990 View Post
    i shouldnt of said that, i ment we 'accelerated quickly to the speed limit '
    LOL!

So why would u get an AP2..... Theres nothing extra, the engine is the same in aus. Unless u got 1999 AP1 model. But even then its only roof, centre console, tweeters in door, headlights, taillights and bumpers. Everything u can from online.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    y get it from online when you can get it in an ap2 minus the f22c lol :P.

Cos AP2 is like 40k. Pretty sure mods aint gonna cos 15k. Assuming he will even sell his S2000 for 25k... Also u can get bumpers that u actually like... the stock AP2 isnt that much better than the AP1.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    how is it illegal to accelerate quickly?
    As far as the ap2 goes i actually asked myself that today at work, and thought if i rocked up to work with a new s2 that i payed 40k for most of the guys would think im nuts, but really i think you have to own an ap1 to understand why an ap2 is that much better, im not saying all ap1 owners would agree but i think some would be on my side, when on the road i occasionally see other s2000 drivers but rarely ap2 owners, and for some reason the first ap2 i saw on the road just looked dead set meen in complete standard form, i dont think pictures do it justice. oh and it has better suspension you left that one out =P.

Little things that only count for me is that my s2 has high k's and some hail damage, which i have repaired half of and cbf with the rest, id rather just sell it for that tiny bit less and save for an ap2 that i would keep for years to come, and plan to turbo it, i raced a turbo s2 in my mates wrx at winton and **** me dead i tore evo's and sti's to shreds, i got goosebumbs everytime it roared past, thing was lethal

If u were to turbo ur S2000, i am pretty sure u would have changed ur suspension lol... Unless ur some crazy all for power dude, then u shouldnt really be driving a S2000 :P