Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    mate i own an S2K and i regret not getting a DC2 Type R
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    mate i own an S2K and i regret not getting a DC2 Type R
    Elaborate please?
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

@ peppex
    Actually I really miss my eg... I wish I didn't sell it.. But I did.
    I can't explain y I hated the wrx.. There's a few reasons y I didn't like it..
    The main reason I guess I just prefer hondas engineering concept over Subarus. I also preffer Light with high rpms. Honda IMO have better feel and feed back.. Everything seems to be made that little bit better too.. And is heaps easier to work on urself. Lol saves u heaps of time in maintainence.. Go try and change the subie spark plugs.. Lol. Or change radiator fluid.
    I was planning on building another eg coz I love it so much..maybe i can sell the womans rav4 to build it. Lol.. But this time with a k series coz I want the 6th gear.. Or maybe in auto for her..then I'll use the 2.4 Haha....
    Also No one used to look at my old civic. But when I had the wrx everyone wants to drag..
    Was kind of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by foowoei69 View Post
    @ peppex
    Actually I really miss my eg... I wish I didn't sell it.. But I did.
    I can't explain y I hated the wrx.. There's a few reasons y I didn't like it..
    The main reason I guess I just prefer hondas engineering concept over Subarus. I also preffer Light with high rpms. Honda IMO have better feel and feed back.. Everything seems to be made that little bit better too.. And is heaps easier to work on urself. Lol saves u heaps of time in maintainence.. Go try and change the subie spark plugs.. Lol. Or change radiator fluid.
    I was planning on building another eg coz I love it so much..maybe i can sell the womans rav4 to build it. Lol.. But this time with a k series coz I want the 6th gear.. Or maybe in auto for her..then I'll use the 2.4 Haha....
    Also No one used to look at my old civic. But when I had the wrx everyone wants to drag..
    Was kind of a pain.
    If i knew how to build a car i would get an EG too and put a K20 in it, but sadly i dont

But once u start maintaining stuff urself instead of going to a shop, its harder to sell the car since u dont have a perfect log book. But i guess the EG is quite a old car and ppl dont really look for log books.

Do u service the S2000 urself?
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post

Thing with S2k is (besides the very limited space) is the engine is too 'perfect' from the factory, therefore when you install bolt ons, it wont respond to them really well. Unlike the K series, they just come 'alive'. Thats to me anyway.
    i just thought that was jsut with most n/a engines it is a strugle to get alot more power out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    When you're in the Integra you're going always ponder about the S2000, but when you're in the S2000 you're going to ponder about the NSX...
    omg i could not agree more! mmmmm nsx....

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    foowoi69, your the second person Ive met whos had an s2000 and a wrx and hated the rexy in comparison to the s2000. Well unless your infact the same dude who I purchased my rims from a year ago? :P

Its funny, the only people Ive ever heard bad reviews on a wrx from have been s2000 owners. what was it you didnt like about it? I do have to agree with peppex though, I would much rather an evo to a wrx. Their has been many times Ive thought about trading in my s2k for an evo and I still think I may end up doing it one day. I just hate the way they look, their such a boring ricey looking car to look at and the s2k is so beautiful. But the way an evo drives is just insane and the practicality of it is great as well
    hey just thought i would add my contribution, i work at subaru and wouldnt even trade my s for an sti, i have considered it but have seen s2's demolish wrx's and seen turbo s2's demolish sti's and at the end of the day both evo's and wrx's look ugly in comparison, dunno about evo's but wrx's are pretty poor quality especially interior wise, sti's are slightly better but still meh. there more practical but thats about it and they cant hold there value to save themselves, literally.

I didn't have the log books for the civic.. But i serviced it according to the service schedule and I had all the receipts for everything I've done to it, even the oils and filter.. I pulled out a spark plug to show te guy the piston tops.. They were still shiny like new. Lol. When I saw that I wanted to bail out of the sale. Lol but I already had my mind set on the wrx and put a deposit on it already. So I needed to sell the car.. I didn't reallize how much I would really regret it then.. Its hard to find a decent engine these days.. And the k isn't cheap enough for me to consider yet coz u still need more parts after that. Lol.. Besides I don't have the space or time anymore anyways.. And i Don't work as a mechanic anymore..
    My S is serviced by mechanic and myself.. My mechanic does every scheduled service to keep the books up to date but I'll do a service in-between if I feel the need for it. I like to keep all fluids fresh as possible. Easiest way to keep the car healthy and running at it's best and for as long as possible is to keep the fluids fresh and clean. Even if u thrash it. Just service it alittle more often. Ud be surprised at how much difference it will make. But isn't worth it in the long run if ur going to a stealership but if u diy oils and filters. It saves u alot and helps the motor live abit longer.. IMO anyways. Especially with my S.. I love it so much I never want to sell it. Later on when the stock motors dead..then I might look at goin crazy with it.. By then I should have normal daily driver.. Or a family car.. Lol.. And this will become my Sunday driver.. So maybe it will be rebuilt for boost.. Or going abit off topic but
    I saw the yanks doin a small block v8 from a chevy.. Lol.. The engine actually fits like the f20c does. It sits behind the shock mounts and sits in there quite nicely. Lol
    They recon the weight if the engine is only about 100 pounds heavier than the f20c and then they corner weighted the car and it supposidly became truly 50/50 proportions. They reconed the s is actually like 48f/52r. But that was without ac coz it dont fit anymore or abs. If it's all true and I can get that v to rev to 9k(like Audi or Ferrari v8s) to keep the theme.
    I wonder how a small block v8 in the S set up properly would be.. It would be crazy if it could handle the same as it still does.. Just with way too much power but atleast it'll still be n/a. Hahaha
    Haha how fat would the tyres be to keep traction..

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by STAiN MASTER View Post
    When you're in the Integra you're going always ponder about the S2000, but when you're in the S2000 you're going to ponder about the NSX...
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppeX
    People just made FWD sound so bad... I think thats the real put off for me on the Type Rs.

I say lets do a RWD conversion on the Type Rs
    Do what i did DC2R and jump straight to an R32 GT-R...have the best of both worlds....DC2R is, and still, my first car...its fast but still pondered for more speed

One day....possibly one day!...i'll sell both cars and just get an S2000.

This is an S2000 section, im not supposed to be here but enjoy your S2000 guys/gals
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 06-11-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k
    mate, in my opinion get the s2000. Ive had a dc2r, they're fun. but then curiosity kicks in and make you wonder what pleasures a topless rwd vtec machine can give you. Thats right, orgasmic.
    And thats why ive sold my R.

S2K pros - topless and the push of a button, head turner, 9k rpm redline, fast.

S2K cons - weak gearboxs, weak diffs, weak driveshafts, VERY expencive to buy parts for (also alot harder then ITR to get parts for ie: wreckers or bursons or repco etc), VERY expencive to mod N/A or Forced,

ITR pros - Fast, reliable, cheap and easy to get parts for, easier and cheaper to mod N/A or Forced and also very nice looking inside and out

for those who dont knw i do own an s2k atm
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    S2K cons - weak gearboxs, weak diffs, weak driveshafts, VERY expencive to buy parts for (also alot harder then ITR to get parts for ie: wreckers or bursons or repco etc), VERY expencive to mod N/A or Forced,

ITR pros - Fast, reliable, cheap and easy to get parts for, easier and cheaper to mod N/A or Forced and also very nice looking inside and out
    i didnt know the gearbox was weak what experience taught you this? diff yeah i can agree with that, driveshafts well....s2 rear drive shafts are pretty thick, i would imagine it being pretty hard to break one in stock form. as for modding i think any fi on an s2 is just the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by PeppeX View Post
    S2000
    Cons
    - 2 Seater
    - Can't put seats flat down to have a rest after a long drive
    You could actually sleep properly if you position ur head on the centre cabinet, could sleep der for at least an hr without gettin any strains.
    as for two seats saves you driving around the whole of sydney after a party b4 jumping to sleep

So have u decided which one to get yet?
    Like age_s2000 said about Gbox, diff and shafts, (well actually It's not the shafts that stuff up.. It's the inner cvs that tend to wear out) bein weak and maintainence and parts are almost double of the teggy.
    The s2k IMO will give u more driving pleasure/fun in the long run, purely coz it's rwd. Imo rwd is that little bit more challenging at the limit. And especially fun on wet days.
    Butboth cars are great fun and built well.
    I suppose it'll be wether u want rwd or u need the extra seats.