Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    I went from fwd >awd >fwd >rwd>fwd>rwd and back to fwd and id have to say that the fwd cars were a lot more fun when going fast, not as fun for skids though

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Companies produce FWD cars because it is cheaper. Cheaper = Economy. That is why I describe most Honda's as 'econo-boxes'.

BMW doesn't produce FWD cars because it refuses to sacrifice 'performance' (notice I didn't say 'speed') for cheapness.

All that said, when Honda produce a RWD car (NSX, S2000) they do a damn good job of it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux,S2000
    I had a DC5 R great car my brother bought it off me and then I bought a S2000 love it. Have owned it for near 4years now can not see myself changing for a very very long time I used to update to different car every 2 years not anymore. The difference is simple the S2000 is a purpose built sports car. Its not based on a mass produced fwd frame. The DC5 R has a great looking body and drives well but the S2000 is in another league, roof down vtec is awesome. Buy the S2000 you will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Companies produce FWD cars because it is cheaper. Cheaper = Economy. That is why I describe most Honda's as 'econo-boxes'.

BMW doesn't produce FWD cars because it refuses to sacrifice 'performance' (notice I didn't say 'speed') for cheapness.

All that said, when Honda produce a RWD car (NSX, S2000) they do a damn good job of it.
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/60319/bm...eath-1-series/

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Damn, you've proved me wrong. BMW are prepared to sacrifice performance for cheapness after the GFC.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i had a dcr2 for a bit before i had my s2k. i have to say i love the s2k much more.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I have just given a Pergeot convertible to my daughter, because ir was front drive, & I hated it.

The first car we got for my eldest was a Prelude, & it was a great car, with great feel, but you could not drive it properly, because the power went to the wrong wheels.

You only have to look at the results of things like Taga Tasmania to see that front drive is never quick. That is why so much quick stuff has gone AWD, on their front drive base.

I knew that a rear drive Honda would be good, but the S2000 may be a bit too good. They have made it so easy to drive quickly that I expect quite a few drivers have no idea how close to the limit they are getting.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    AusS2000, would you please advise, is your avatar sitting there, idling a little lumpily with a hot cam,
    or is it quietly laughing at everyone.

It does look to have an evil sense of humor.

Im just a fan of the under dog. I think its great that a fwd with such a little na engine can keep up with the big boys. But I am hoping to own an s2000 track car one day

I think i will end up getting an S2000 as a weekend car when i am older. I really prefer to get AP2 because of the interior and rear lights. I still prefer AP1 headlights with amber indicator MUCH MUCH MORE .

I believe AP2 also has better suspension geometry? Correct me if i am wrong.

FOR NOW i love my EP3R

Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I own a dc2r, and after test driving a few s2ks, I will be selling and upgrading soon 100% !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    I just sold my s2k in June and now waiting to pick up my ep3 on Tuesday. S2k is a great car and I miss driving it, but I needed a hardtop as I'll be parking at station and didn't want to park the s2k there. Will let u know my verdict in a couple weeks