Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    ur in sydney.. sif you haven't seen the past few days. lol been raining.

but yeh. Injen sounded BADASS on my dc2r, and now got icebox with stock filter. All I can say is it is quite, but don't have to worry about hydrolock/defect.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    ur in sydney.. sif you haven't seen the past few days. lol been raining.

but yeh. Injen sounded BADASS on my dc2r, and now got icebox with stock filter. All I can say is it is quite, but don't have to worry about hydrolock/defect.
    With the icebox and stock air filter, did it feel much slower? Or did you gain more power? Or the same?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    IMO i felt it less free, felt like a tiny bit more congested. But its an old filter. With a K&N replacement inside the icebox. It should be sweet and probably better than the injen.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by RtN View Post
    IMO i felt it less free, felt like a tiny bit more congested. But its an old filter. With a K&N replacement inside the icebox. It should be sweet and probably better than the injen.
    Please update us on when you do get the K&N filter and tell us the comparison. Would be great if that iceboxs are better than CAI's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    +1 for fujita having a better pod than injen
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

If you just avoid puddles and driving in high rpms, the rain isnt much of a problem. Just avoid puddles as the pod filter is in open space to suck up water. SRI's are going to heatsoak, especially in summer in hot days. If you arent confident or worried about hydrolocking, just go for the SRI but your engine is going to suffer during the summer lol. If your going to track with any intake, stick to the CAI.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    ended up with a mugen in and am more then happy with it....
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    ive got 2 friends with dc2rs nd both of then have an injen cai.. both have got a very annoying whistling noise from about 3 - 3.5k rpm.. every time we swap it back to stock the noise cuts out.. dno how normal that is, but the car is fine with the stock airbox.. so my experience with injen hasnt been the best. glad u went with mugen!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    ive got 2 friends with dc2rs nd both of then have an injen cai.. both have got a very annoying whistling noise from about 3 - 3.5k rpm.. every time we swap it back to stock the noise cuts out.. dno how normal that is, but the car is fine with the stock airbox.. so my experience with injen hasnt been the best. glad u went with mugen!
    That whistle sound even comes from a pod filter. It's normal
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    yer most pods whistle....
    i had it with the K&N filter in the stock box and even with the mugen i get a little whistle goin on....... but i like it.. xD
    i think it sounds nice.....

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    loll nahh this isnt a whistle.. its more like a screechibg noise!very hard to explain but its not the normal pod filter whistle.. really annoying, sounds wrong and u can hear it from like 3 cars away. its like a "ieeeeeeeeeee" noise loll ill probably have to upload a vid to show what i mean haha

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    yer man would like to see it... if you can upload a vid...