Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i dont see how the fluid could be coming from the top of a gearbox..

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    yeh niether do i, hence the confusion, i know my car inside out and i have never come across a problem like this, now there is no noise at all and still driving fine, just pissing out gearbox oil everytime i drive it, its going in the shop today anyway so will be funny to how ugly i have done this job

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    TOP of the gearbox? Are you POSITIVE it's not coming from the engine anywhere? Pretty sure it's almost impossible for a gearbox to leak from the top.

Also CV boots don't have to be leaking for the shaft to be stuffed, one of mine went without any leakage and the boots were fine too. Good luck anyways mang.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

just to add.....

a gearbox CANNOT leak fluid from above the fill hole line ( located in line with the driveshaft)
    So if its leaking from above there - its likely engine oil leaking from the engine , either distributor O ring is worn, VTEC solenoid gasket is worn etc etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    hey guys i got it bak from my mates couple of days ago forgot to tell yous what happened, anyway, the reason i thought i was leaking from the top was because the passenger side drifshaft popped out abit and everytime i drove it it would spin and spray the oil f***ing everywhere!!! so its popped out because it snapped from lsd to single spin while turning and stretched it out, also it broke the bearings in the passenger side drifshaft where it goes 2 piece for the torque steer....the car still drives fine now because whatever was grinding has worn away, but its still leaking of course, i drained the oil and it was anodized gold from the metal shavings and alot of metal came out with it lol!!! put a little camera inside that my mate has(so cool) saw a couple of missing teeth what not and yeh, outcome, new drifshaft, new gearbox, and im putting in a fidenza stage 3 racing clutch and lightned flywheel =] all up should be about 1000 with labour so pretty happy with that

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    holy shit thats an INTENSELY good price for all that! here in ACT I'd get quoted like $400000000000 for all that. lol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckiller View Post
    hey guys i got it bak from my mates couple of days ago forgot to tell yous what happened, anyway, the reason i thought i was leaking from the top was because the passenger side drifshaft popped out abit and everytime i drove it it would spin and spray the oil f***ing everywhere!!! so its popped out because it snapped from lsd to single spin while turning and stretched it out, also it broke the bearings in the passenger side drifshaft where it goes 2 piece for the torque steer....the car still drives fine now because whatever was grinding has worn away, but its still leaking of course, i drained the oil and it was anodized gold from the metal shavings and alot of metal came out with it lol!!! put a little camera inside that my mate has(so cool) saw a couple of missing teeth what not and yeh, outcome, new drifshaft, new gearbox, and im putting in a fidenza stage 3 racing clutch and lightned flywheel =] all up should be about 1000 with labour so pretty happy with that
    Thats cheap.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    have friend who knows how to diy.
    buy him big bottle of jack daniels.
    spend weekend drinking and doing diy
    cost = parts
    winner

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.