Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX

CL9 Strange Noise

hi,

been experiencing this weird noise for a while now, but cant diagnose what it could be or where.

it sounds like a grinding noise, or similar to inserting a disc into the cd player and waiting for it to load.

Occurs when:

-going down a dip and accelerating. will also occur when going over strips that connect to each other such as going up/down bridge connections
    -it will also happen sometimes when just cruising along, sometimes comes on for a few seconds, sometimes for a minute or two.

sound can be heard inside and outside the car

dont think its suspension because tried going over speed humps, dips, etc, and the sound will not recreate itself and there is no loss of steering feel etc.

checked engine and rev the car in neutral, but cannot recreate sound, so dont think its an engine related issue.

checked power steering fluid - all fine.

any ideas? im thinking wheel bearings? brake pads (not likely cos its not a squeal from the shimmers)?

any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    Had a Similiar issue with my VW Golf - ended up being the sway bar rubbing onto the driveshaft cause the coil overs were set to low..

Have had a similar Noise with my CL9 seems like a common thing with the CL9

ditto - took mine in and they said it was transmission problem.

apparently they fixed it but its still there.

Mine is on and off and has varying intensity. have not heard it for two days now. hoping to have a closer look over the weekend. am slo driving it under various conditions to see if road or driving behavior has any effect