Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro

Compressing springs TOO HIGH!!!

Hi,

I would like to know what the thoughts are of the O/H in getting some eibach pro kits compressed to lower the car more as they are to high. I have bought them second hand or should i just sell them and get some skunk2/gc sleeves?

Sorry and i also forgot to add i have some skunk2 sports shocks can take up to 2.5inch lowering spring.

Kris
    Last edited by blabla; 07-11-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    they say compressing isn't safe. sleeves may be better in the short term but the more u lower it the more stress it will put on your shocks and cause them to wear out. ideally you want to get some coilover suspension.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    they say compressing isn't safe. sleeves may be better in the short term but the more u lower it the more stress it will put on your shocks and cause them to wear out. ideally you want to get some coilover suspension.
    I got some skunk2 sports shock so can lower the car 2.5inchs so no problem going lower then what it is now

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    There is a two finger space between the guard and the tyre i'd like to have 1 and a bit ideally. But will they settle or is that it as i have bought the springs second hand.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    they might settle a bit after a month or so. if you compress the spring it will go lower, but u will be using the same spring rate i think, so you may bottom out. maybe you can look for some springs that are made lower than your current ones?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    actually i think u shud just get the skunk2 adjustable coilover springs :P

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    They are heeps stiffer then the pedders ones i had before and they were lowe, i'm gonna ask dny boy to take me for spin in his eg he has the skunk2 sleeves with the same shocks.

Coils are the go if you have the $$. Compressing springs is like halfway from normal to chopped springs. Its dangerous imo and shouldnt be done, well just for safety precautions. If not, just get the skunk2 lowering springs. Heard that they drop quite alot.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    I believe Eibach Pro Kits are a progressive rate spring - not sure if compressing them at all is advisable, as the spring rate you end up with may not be predictable, or suitable for the lower height.

Good springs are designed to be a certain rate, matched to a certain height. Screw this up and you have something which could constantly bottom out (too soft for given height) or too stiff (and not properly captured by the mounts at full extension). Either scenario is dangerous.

Get a spring designed to work at a certain height.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    another issue i have is that the car sits lower on the drivers side compared to the passangers side so i think i look at the sleeves so that i can control the height correctly.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Not sure which of the sleeves to get $415.00 aus dollar for the Ground control kit or skunk2 sleeves for $379.14 aus dollar all prices inc shipping..
    Last edited by blabla; 11-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    ?? well ??