Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    honestly i know that you said you dont need coilovers, but u can always wait it out until you find a bargain. picked up my coilovers for 700....GAB damper/Height
    but i would go the ground control kit.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Save your money for coilovers.

Best mod you'll ever buy.

Do it once, do it right
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    No need for coilovers... I got skunk2 sports shocks already putting the sleeves over is just like having them anyways but a nicer ride then coilovers...

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    No need for coilovers... I got skunk2 sports shocks already putting the sleeves over is just like having them anyways but a nicer ride then coilovers...

thats an outright lie. Sleeves are absolute garbage...you must also use some shorter stiffer linear rated springs such as skunk2 s , and good for lowering ONLY nothing else.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    put it this way i had pedders springs freggin crap. i have the pro kit cant stand the high ride height not only that the car sits lower on one side more then the other. so tell my the skunk2 sleeves and springs would work well with their sports shocks its the same sort if combination as the gc kit with konis but u can adjust the damper. its a daily more then anything and on odd occasion a beating around corners.

I'm saying all sleeve kits (ground control or whatever) are crap. They are only
    Designed for one purpose and that's to give the option to lower a car or raise it at will.
    If it aids your handling it's the placebo of stiff stiff springs. They aren't coupled with the correct shock valving to cope with the relative height of the intended setup either.
    You are throwing money away dude trust mr just save up get some sort
    Of DUAL perch adjustable coilovers , use them then sell later on for a decent resale.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Do it once, do it right
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    i am going ahead with sleeves because the only way u find out if something works for you is if you go ahead with it. i bought the eibachs and they dont work for me when it comes to the height, stiffness and the car sits lower on one side then the other. off the shelf kmacs are 190 a pair. i will be getting them installed correctly one finger gap in the front and rear might be the same or no gap. and ride qty is a personal preference.

ive been in a car with sleeves in the back. worst ride quality i have ever been in. stiff as shit, bump oversteer, spring occasionally pops out . its seriously quite dangerous.. we ended up swapping over to compressed kings in the rear.

dual height coilver system is the best - spring is trapped and heigh adjustment doesnt alter the spring preload, etc.. learn from others because i can guarantee that after a while of sleeves (give it 2 months), u'll be swapping them out for something more comfortable/safer.

I've had spring/shock, single height coilover, dual height coilover and shock/sleeve..

I would choose dual height then, spring/shock, single height coil, and last is shock/sleeve.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    so everyone would rather buy something like a hsd, bc or d2?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    bc, its cheap and does the job for street use. Not the best in terms of track performance though.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Bc or ksport imo

Both good value for money
    that is all.

WTFPWNED