Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pro's and con's between cbr250rr and megelli

hey guys, i've been looking at getting a bike and I was pretty keen on getting the cbr250rr. however, i came across a Megelli (chinese bike) 250 r or 250 s. both of them are excellent looking bikes sold for really good prices because it's a newish brand. any of you guys know why i should/shouldn't go for the megelli's over the cbr? what are the pro's and con's of each?

i'm on my L's if it matters

cheers
    99 EK yo.

If you want to keep thru just your Ls or p plates....either one should be OK

I personally would chose the cbr250r or rr , even tho it's old even tho it's thrashed
    Even tho it's likely wound back and or crashed - it's miles better in quality and build and resale compared to anything china can design and produce.

You have a really good point with the resale value. i didn't realise build quality was that bad but is it worth getting a cbr that some previous L or P plater has completely thrashed over the megelli. I would prefer a cheaper build quality over something that might completely blow up on me. I'm open to options on other bikes too
    99 EK yo.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    just dont act like a hero like ever other wanker on a 250 that i've seen. most go out thursday nights with a mates group and act like total tools. ride to survive i say.

yesterday another 250 motogp rider went down on old road thinking he was tony elias.

one thing kids forget is on their L's/P's, if you have chicken strips it usually means you're not that good.

buy the one "you" feel comfortable sitting on/riding. <- best advice you're gonna get
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 + 180sx
    The cibby is a great bike and has a awesome reliable engine as previously said, mine has done 67xxxks and still going strong (touch wood) just make sure you take care of it and it will last a life time !

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    I wouldn't ever consider one of those chinese built death traps. Google for some reviews on them, they don't turn, they don't stop. Half of them aren't even straight.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' EURO LUX
    the cbr250rr's have good resell value. i bought my 91 cbr250rr in april this year for 3.5k and sold it in august for 4k with renewed rego. as everyone else says, megelli is a chinese bike UK designed. the reviews on it are not as great. but great looking 250 bike

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA View Post
    just dont act like a hero like ever other wanker on a 250 that i've seen. most go out thursday nights with a mates group and act like total tools. ride to survive i say.

yesterday another 250 motogp rider went down on old road thinking he was tony elias.

one thing kids forget is on their L's/P's, if you have chicken strips it usually means you're not that good.

buy the one "you" feel comfortable sitting on/riding. <- best advice you're gonna get
    what did you mean by chicken strips?
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    what did you mean by chicken strips?
    That means the small sections of untouched rubber either side of your rear tyres. Meaning you don't lean!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    a chicken strip is the unused portion of the tire to the edge.

this link describes it a little better. http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf...his-better.htm
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    CON: Who the **** is megelli
    Ctrl + W

i dont think megalli is made in china? im sure its made in euro some where.. =S
    they are a fair new company that just hit the motorcycle industry, i heard there was heaps of flaws with the new design. for example when learning to turn left the bike stand scrapes the ground?
    why not just get the new ninja 250? its in the similar price range as the megalli?