Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Majority of the Megelli's range is made in China...

Still too new a manufacturer - id be cautious
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    whats your price range its a shame i just sold my kawasaki ninja 250r 2008 model =[

From my experiece thats a great bike to :
    * Learn
    *Lean
    *Look good
    * sensible power 24 kw

The price range averages from 5500- 6000 - depending on what year or model
    Its a great bike man

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Why not consider something that will last you a longer period of time and has more torque and looks better, not many consider the Hyosung GT650r's, they have been around for ages now, are now EFI and pretty much all the bugs have been rectified...

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    what about ninja 250r?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    poser nugget

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 LUX
    Megelli - poorly designed(not sure about the build but yes designed in Britain & made in china) - slow - very weak plastic ( if you come off its gonna be $$$$ ) - good on fuel so good for commuting - looks good - fair price - lots of fancy new stuff fuel injected, electric tacho all that jazz - looks like a rabbit

cbr250rr - old - very fast - parts are cheap - depending on how willing you are to diy its very cheap to maintain - bigger community - gotta search high and low for a really good one - awsom to learn on - been 20 years + & there still amazing

but if you want a good balance bike between the cons and pros of the megelli and cbr250rr just get a ninja, I heard dealers gonna be selling them somewhere around 6k brand new

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 LUX
    i dont see why you would ride a Hyosung GT650r on your fulls there horrible

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CBR 250RR
    Cbr 250RR is great! I had that for three years, no problem at all!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg
    This really comes down to personal preference. Buyers need to weight up the pro's and con's of each bike and here they are:

Kawasaki Ninja 250r Negatives:
    1. 20 year old technology for extremely inflated price
    2. Single cylinder carby for ~6-8k (so what if its newer model)
    3. Not as much power as CBR250rr or Hyosung 650r
    Positives:
    1. Newer model bike
    2. looks good

Hyosung 650rNegatives:
    1. extremely heavy (even compared to Jap 600's let alone 250's)
    2. battery problems(they run dy cell batteries and your looking at quite a bit for a replacement)
    3. they have been around for a while but are heavy steering bikes that don't inspire confidence(from experience)
    Positives:
    1. you get to say your riding a 600
    2. cheap (compared to Kwaka)

Honda CBR250rr
    Negatives:
    1. Leaking forks / Bent forks - predominantly due to age of bike and idiotic riders that cane it and can it
    2. Electrical problems - battery, wiring, etc.

Positives:
    1. last PURE BRED race machine to come out of Japan period. (they don't build them like they use to and any dealership that track or ride sportsbikes can vouch for this)
    2. outside the Aprilia RS125 and RS250 this is the quickest learner legal bike(rs250 not legal actually)
    3. Handling that inspires confidence - i have a CBR1000rr Repsol 09 and this bike won Bike of the Year 2 years running and i went straight from 250 to this and this handles like the cbr250rr but with larger kahunas
    4. Resell value - i bought mine for 4.4k thrashed it(but serviced it and looked after it + who buys a bike to NOT thrash it? stop riding if thats the case) and sold it after 1 year for 4.7k

Megelli 250s/250r

DON'T BOTHER
    performance, handling, build quality, resell value and safety don't even match a written off bike...

I hope this sheds some light on your dilemma.

Personally i would pick the cbr250rr hands down day and night...it's not rare to see cbr250rr(with good riders) take 600s at Old P H or at eastern creek...

ICACHA - chicken strips? Chicken strips doesn't mean that you are not a good rider... riders can still corner fast without getting all the way over 2 the edge of the tyre....
    I recommend reading Twist of the Wrist(all parts of the series).. The riding style of any rider will i guess determine wether you have chicken strips or not. The ability to 'hang your body' over the bike whilst cornering which will allow the bike to stay 'more' upright hence leaving a larger contact patch will result in 'chicken strips'....
    This will also allow room for error allowing you to 'push' to the edge of the tyre if you are running 'too hot' into a corner...
    Due to having the 'chicken strips' riders can counter steer by pushing on the left handle bar(if turning left) and allowing for the bike to dip lower and use the remaining tyre...

Hope this helps.

p.s. A Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code should be all riders Bible.

Member Array
    Car:
    f20c
    I've ridden a honda cbr125, cbr250rr, hyosung gt250r and a yamaha r1. Honestly, 125 is slow so you wont wan't that.. Hyosung was relatively quick but felt "felt" heavy compared to a cbr250rr. Like honestly for comparing purposes it felt like i was in a truck on the Hyosung and in an Evo for the cbr250rr. When i rode the cbr250rr I could tell that my riding skills were getting better. I could corner better and didn't "feel" as heavy to the Hyosung. If you want more speed, change the sprockets like my mate did. The bike felt so much quicker it was scary but you get used to it so.. also it plays with your speedometer. I also like the noise of the cbr250rr rather then the hyosung gt250r. But thats your preference anyway. And the Yamaha r1.. Let me say that it was one scary bike to ride honestly. (Just got my learners) But all in all, cbr250rr will be the way to go, GREAT for learning and I am sure you will be pleased with it. With its price and resell value you can't go wrong with it. If its not for you theres a chance you could sell it for more (Y).

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by freewilly View Post
    2. outside the Aprilia RS125 and RS250 this is the quickest learner legal bike(rs250 not legal actually)
    3. Handling that inspires confidence - i have a CBR1000rr Repsol 09 and this bike won Bike of the Year 2 years running and i went straight from 250 to this and this handles like the cbr250rr but with larger kahunas
    4. Resell value - i bought mine for 4.4k thrashed it(but serviced it and looked after it + who buys a bike to NOT thrash it? stop riding if thats the case) and sold it after 1 year for 4.7k
    Honda's RVF400 is the quickest LAMS bike, and they're old too.. I think they stopped making them around 1997?
    I agree that honda Sportbikes definantly make you feel confident!.. I've rode the RVF400, VTR250(Kinda Sporty =P) and the CBR250RR.. They're all comfy bikes that make you feel at home.
    Resell on the RVF400's is between 5-7500.. And they've been at those prices for years now.. A bit pricey for an old bike, but awesome resale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    Honda's RVF400 is the quickest LAMS bike, and they're old too.. I think they stopped making them around 1997?
    I agree that honda Sportbikes definantly make you feel confident!.. I've rode the RVF400, VTR250(Kinda Sporty =P) and the CBR250RR.. They're all comfy bikes that make you feel at home.
    Resell on the RVF400's is between 5-7500.. And they've been at those prices for years now.. A bit pricey for an old bike, but awesome resale
    Define "quickest"...LOL
    The RVF from my experience didn't handle as smoothly as the CBR250rr and was not as well balanced...it could just be riding style but overall the times achieved wasn't that much different to justify the difference in price...
    Straight line i'd agree that it was quicker but for track and twisties i think the cbr is more suited...