Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R

DC5R X-force/BC Headers

Just wanting some info on X-force and Buddyclub Headers for a dc5r
    done a quick search couldn't find anything really.

good?
    bad?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Well I've got a full xforce system on my dc2 and I think it sounds and performs really well, so I am really happy with it for the amount I payed. the only issues I ran into was in fitting some of the parts.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

go the buddyclub mate. as long as you dont mind a bit of noise, as theyre a race header. very well built, welds are all top notch, and fits perfectly. there are also aus distributor for buddyclub so you get full customer support and warranty if you have an issues with them. ive just bought a set myself, just waiting on the catback to arrive before it goes on (ordered from j's racing in july, still waiting...). once its all on ill post up a review. but as with all buddyclub parts theyre race tested and developed so you knw youre getting decent gear. Just my 0.02.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    go the buddyclub mate. as long as you dont mind a bit of noise, as theyre a race header. very well built, welds are all top notch, and fits perfectly. there are also aus distributor for buddyclub so you get full customer support and warranty if you have an issues with them. ive just bought a set myself, just waiting on the catback to arrive before it goes on (ordered from j's racing in july, still waiting...). once its all on ill post up a review. but as with all buddyclub parts theyre race tested and developed so you knw youre getting decent gear. Just my 0.02.
    You do understand BC headers hang bloody low and are prone to getting damage for this reason...
    I think i've heard there prone to cracking or something from memory also...
    Can anyone confirm?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    where would i look for a aus buddyclub distributor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    You do understand BC headers hang bloody low and are prone to getting damage for this reason...
    I think i've heard there prone to cracking or something from memory also...
    Can anyone confirm?
    I know 7 guys that run buddyclub headers with buddyclub/j's racing exhaust.

Only one of them had a problem with the buddyclub exhaust (something about hanger weld fell off). They love the buddyclub header, sounds extremely racespec.

The cracking would come about due to the fact that there was no flex pipe in the exhaust system. Or that the flex was old. So I would think that would be a problem for many headers that do not have a flex built in, not just the buddyclub. And unless your car is super low, I don't think exhaust height would be too much of an issue. My dc5r is lowered 3" on coilovers and they sit fine.

As for aus distributors, I'm in Brisbane and the distributor up here is 999 automotive, who is a trader on the forums here. Go to buddyclub.com.au to find one closer to you. You can also save yourself big bucks by checking eBay and buying from the states with the aus dollar being so strong. Hope that helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thanks alot man, looking towards buddyclub alot more now

All good man. Any questions feel free to ask. If you do go the buddyclub, or any header for that matter, make sure you get a flex welded in to allow for some slight movement. It'll help prevent cracking.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    ive got a DC sports selling for cheap if you like....pm me if your interested...