Member Array

b18c type r in integra gsi/vtir

this will sound stupid for most people but any constructive comments are welcome.

im thinking of buying a cheap integra gsi/vtir shell and putting a fresh b18cr in it.

reason being is that its hard to find a fresh dc2r these days and i want to start from the bottom up so i know everything about the car.

in terms of the shell/chassis most will have clocked more than 150k kms, im trying to keep the range of below 170-180kms. but still, should i be worried of putting a fresh powerful motor in a 15 year old chassis which has clocked more than 150k kms?

i was thinking of a dc5r but not sure if the styling is my cup of tea

pros and cons anyone?
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    why bother spending money on a conversion in the first place?
    if u can afford to buy the conversion outright and pay for labour to install u can easily afford a type R

plus this saves u from spending money on front/rear sway bar and upgraded brakes. u also get a better interior aswell with recaro bucket seats which are considerably expensive to buy on their own.

in regards to chassis, it shouldn't really matter how old it is, some people do conversions in chassis that easily clock 200,xxx km+.

save the money i say and when it comes down to it rebuild the engine when u need to to. will easily out perform any motor u find.

cheapest dc2r u could probably get would be say 13k which is a bargain considering ur planning to do the conversion on a gsi/vtir shell.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    you might be right actually, considering that ill only keep the car for 2 years until im off my p's

well then, in terms of buying a dc2r with 170-180k+ on the clock, what should i look for?

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    my major concern would be paint/body work. look for repaired damage, paint work, rust etc
    for the motor just get it compression tested which should tell u how the car is going. dyno it would be extreme....

i wouldn't be spending anymore then 17k on a dc2r if ur only going to keep it for a few years.

if u can extend the budget get BYP's dc2r red which comes k24 which is a bargain buy!

other then that keep ur eye open, take a few test drives and see which one u like.
    try find one that is preferably not stock (suspension wise) pays to get coilovers with ur buy.=D
    gdlcuk
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Oh wow man. Have you driven one yet?

I sold mine with just over 200,000 on the clock, did the major service first and it needed a new clutch, otherwise, it was still tighter than a nun's c-nut...

You'd be mad to waste your money on a "mock up" (as that is all it would be) when for under 15k, you can get a genuine R!

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by quangsuke View Post
    my major concern would be paint/body work. look for repaired damage, paint work, rust etc
    for the motor just get it compression tested which should tell u how the car is going. dyno it would be extreme....

i wouldn't be spending anymore then 17k on a dc2r if ur only going to keep it for a few years.

if u can extend the budget get BYP's dc2r red which comes k24 which is a bargain buy!

other then that keep ur eye open, take a few test drives and see which one u like.
    try find one that is preferably not stock (suspension wise) pays to get coilovers with ur buy.=D
    gdlcuk
    was thinking of actually getting one which is bone stock, because ive had enough shitting in the pants when i see the coppers while driving. but ill think about it. thanks for the inputs man appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz_EG6 View Post
    Oh wow man. Have you driven one yet?

I sold mine with just over 200,000 on the clock, did the major service first and it needed a new clutch, otherwise, it was still tighter than a nun's c-nut...

You'd be mad to waste your money on a "mock up" (as that is all it would be) when for under 15k, you can get a genuine R!
    lol why bring a nun into this . nah i get what you mean, the amount of money id have to put in to get it on par with the real type r is quite unjustifiable.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just wait until a good ITR comes along mate

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    you'll never be able to replicate the type R's chassis as well. type R's have a stronger chassis, doesn't come with sound deadening and also deleted side mouldings plus everything else that quang has pointed out. type R>gsi/vti-r

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    It would be a headache and a half to do, plus in the end it wont a real type-R , might aswell find a tired type-R and freshen it up with all new OEM
    Type-R parts? smarter idea than having to replace almost everything

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Gearbox/Clutch very important

Dont bother with conversion like. You'll be spending over 15k to get it to what a TypeR is.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    yer cool, thanks guise for the inputs, i guess ill be sussing out dc2r's after all :P

hey chau why did you sell ur dc2r a few while back?