Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    well slightly off topic, but at what point does wide rims become over kill on fwd? i can see the benifit on rwd an 4wd, but on a fwd, i dont generally see anything over 8inch slapped on the fronts.... ok well given that its had its fenders an guards modded so it will accept wider rims, at what point is it over kill? does it hamper the steering, balance of grip, front vs rear etc etc
    Depends on how much power you have and if you are struggling to get it to the road. Obviously if your pushing big power then you need as much rubber as possible to gain maximum grip. to get bigger rubber you need bigger wheels. That is main reason why you would need wider wheels obviously. But then it also looks pretty tough with a wider wheel/tire on any car imo.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2K20.4R
    Quote Originally Posted by xtan View Post
    Providing you use stock rolling diameter, well you can never have perfect but within a few % difference rolling diameter...

With height adjustable coilovers, you should be able to fit it sitting flush with under one finger gap between tyre and guard, most likely rear will need a small roll.

I use 16x8 +30 on my dc2r and had to roll rear and slightly pull fronts, under 1 finger gap front and rear, but i have made my camber more postive to save tyre.. so if you naturaly let it camber inwards as car lowers it will sit very nicely.
    With what size tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by jezza30 View Post
    With what size tyres?
    195/45 for 8' wide wheels is a nice and safe stretch