Thread: Water

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

Water

I found that there is some water on the ground after i parked the car for a while after driving it.

Yesterday, i drove to have dinner, and then parked and had my dinner, after dinning, i noticed that there was some water on the floor.
    May i ask if there is anyone knowing what is the possible cause to this?

(i noticed that the water that on the ground is just formed, approximately, under the car compliance plate within the engine bay/ the air intake box)
    will that be any air conditioning water leaking? or any other thing?
    Is it normal??????
    Thanks in advance~!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    were u using your air con?

It is normal when you use your a/c

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB4 JDM SI VTEC
    Yep always expect to find a wet patch on the ground after usin ur air con

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    st184r celica-r34 gtt skyline-eg-ek-ek [current] bb4 si vtec

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yup, it's the aircon. Happens to all 3 of my cars (all different brands)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    oh~ i guess so, coz i checked with Honda today, and they said it might be the air conditioning draintube being blocked, or maybe a normal case by using the air conditioning, but i am just a bit nervous, and so, i asked the experts here...haha, sorry for making troubles~~~
    anyway, thx a lot everyone~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
    oh~ i guess so, coz i checked with Honda today, and they said it might be the air conditioning draintube being blocked, or maybe a normal case by using the air conditioning, but i am just a bit nervous, and so, i asked the experts here...haha, sorry for making troubles~~~
    anyway, thx a lot everyone~
    Hey mate, i had exactly the same query a few months back which the guys on the forum provided exactly the same answer..

Its normal, nothing to worry about its to do with the aircon..my concern was also about the fan coming on regularly, even in the middle of a Melbourne winter

Even with the heater on (i have an FD2 Sport), unless you manually select aircon off on the climate control, wether your using your heater or not the aircon compressor is working

The "water leak" is a result of a tube or the actual compressor (cant remember a guy at Honda explained it when i took it in for the 30k service) forms condensation on the outside..sort of freezes over and as its external to the car starts to melt creating a water leak..its similar to the back of a fridge

Bottom line is its normal and your car is not leaking..manually selct aircon off and see what happens..once i did this no more waterleaks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    ic, so, it's the air con problem~
    and so, the 'water leak' is not a problem, but it's normal.
    ok~ got it~ thx a lot!