Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    For some reason it appears from the figures you guys are posting the CL9 is not as economical as the CU2, or maybe country living has its advantages when it comes to fuel consumption. I have no problems getting 900kms out of a tank each & every time using vortex 95. 1000kms + on a long trip is more than achievable.

I keep a spreadsheet on fuel consumption & as of my last fill I had traveled 32470 kms & used 2301.35 lts. that's the average over the life of the car, not the best / worst recorded figures.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Fuel consumption isn't just about how you drive. It's also about the tyre pressure you have (the lower it is, the more rolling resistance there is which asks the car to expend more fuel to move it), spark plugs (whether or not they need to be replaced), the weight you're carrying, the oil you use in your engine etc.

For the guys who go back and fourth between 95 and 98 fuel, it effects the ECU and how it sets the ignition timing for the combustion. Don't expect to get better economy straight away, the ECU needs to figure out how much it should advance/reduce the timings so keep it at one octane rating for a long period then maybe you might see something. Also, hard braking also causes the power used to drive the car to be converted to kinetic energy so don't do a lot of sudden/hard braking.
    JDM - The J stands for Motherf***er

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by asshat View Post
    Also, hard braking also causes the power used to drive the car to be converted to kinetic energy so don't do a lot of sudden/hard braking.
    Damm, i get distracted by looking girls on the street or driving....hard braking is a must for me....LOL.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    Damm, i get distracted by looking girls on the street or driving....hard braking is a must for me....LOL.
    hahahahah braking everytime there's a hot girl. What a great variable to fuel consumption.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    oh, its more like, i look too long and not realize wats infront of me has slowed down and then, slam on brakes....ROFL....fml. ahahahaha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by eurogo View Post
    arent u meant to use at bare minimum premium unleaded? i always use BP ultimate, and usually get around 650 a tank- between canberra n sydney, and around 550 with lots of spirited driving. I used shell v power and the car ran like ass for the week that it was in the tank, ive found bp to always be good stuff either way
    thats funny, i have found and a friend recently too with v-power to give extra responsiveness,,,really liked it as i my self have only been a bp user.
    bp i think gives quietest/smoothest engine

i think alot to do with the batch of fuel on the day too?

I use 95 octane and mine is auto.

Generally I get 600km of my regular combined cycle driving before the fuel light shows up (mind you, the fuel light shows up well before empty).
    On the hwy, I will get 700km+ depending on the average speed.

Basically about 7.5l/100km on hwy
    and 9-9.5l/100km on average
    1997 Prelude VTi-R

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Quote Originally Posted by eurogo View Post
    arent u meant to use at bare minimum premium unleaded? i always use BP ultimate, and usually get around 650 a tank- between canberra n sydney, and around 550 with lots of spirited driving. I used shell v power and the car ran like ass for the week that it was in the tank, ive found bp to always be good stuff either way
    Yeh it says on my fuel cap min 95 ron

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    BP Ultimate all the way (I used to work for BP and I know how much effort is put in to ensure the quality of this brand).

BP Ultimate is the only 98RON PULP on the Australian market that's refined as a 98RON fuel, as opposed to the other 98RON PULPs that are just 95RON PULPs that are mixed with octane boosters after refining.

Do you think that includes SHELL?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I found that BP was way too inconsistent and generally dearer for me I used it for a month and I would get different mileage out of it. Sometimes up too 50-60 k difference. I always use v-power. Most consistent with best mileage.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by david_todd85 View Post
    Do you think that includes SHELL?
    Not sure.