Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2

C1 paint protection, anyone tried it?

Hi, guys. looking to get paint protection when signing my new euro, been hearing dealers normally do dogy jobs(can someone justify that for me, i.e. HONDA dealer only). so did a research online, found this c1 techniq paint protection. Apprently, it's professional apply only, cost around $500 almost same as dealer, claiming to last more than 2 years. so just wondering if it is any good. or should i stay with waxing it regularly?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Don't get dealer paint protection mate, it's a waste of money. I highly doubt any claims for paint protection that last as long as 2 years.

Instead get a good detailer like Dr Detail to apply a sealant for you. If you wash the car carefully, eg with microfibre wash mitt and drying towels and using two buckets (one for soap, one to rinse the mitt when it comes off the car) with a good grade car soap, you won't have any problems with the car looking its best.

With care a good sealant will last 6 months or so.

Best advice I can give is don't get a dark coloured car and especially don't get a black car unless you're up for a lot of work to keep it looking clean, or are willing to pay for a detailer to go over it every 12 months or so. Silver and white are the lowest maintenance colours since they don't show dirt and swirls/fine scratches like black/dark grey/dark blue do.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Just thought I'd add - if you do use one of these 'paint protection' systems, you are then usually locked into buying their car care products via a 'recommended maintenance procedure' to care for the paint protection. You won't be able to use off the shelf polishes/sealants without voiding the 'warranty'.

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    very good points, cheers mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Wise not to go with the paint protection option at the dealers....

As for the C1, highly doubt you'll be able to get your hands on any.

The Brits are all over that gtechniq stuff mate (its british...) I read a bit about the C2 on detailingworld.
    Don't know if I'd ever use a sealant that lasted that long, but hey, not my car. Depends on how much you want to get into detailing your car I guess.

A good sealant costs under $50 here in Australia, and lasts months. There is many good ones out there, like jetseal, powerlock, deep gloss paint sealant, zaino to name a few.....
    You can get a good detailer to make your car 100% pristine and apply a super long lasting sealant (like that C1) for under $500. Something to think about.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    Thank you guys for the advices.

I was just checking out their vids on YouTube and amazed by the 'nano coating technology' and how u have to apply it using make up pads.

and yeah, HZ, u r right. u need c2 to maintain it.

as for my car, i'm just gonna get some sealant and do it myself. i mean it's not a Ferrari after all.

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    What colour are you going to get?

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    What colour are you going to get?

- HZ
    wishing red, but dont like pink in a few years, so silver.

silver will always be in stock, and easier to sell.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hmmm....I feel like I got rip off for the paint protection stuff.
    I wish I have read this thread earlier.
    Anyway, thnx for those who giving advices.
    Cheers,
    -------------------------------------
    ~ Honda is my Japanese wife ~
    -------------------------------------

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by cabra80 View Post
    Hmmm....I feel like I got rip off for the paint protection stuff.
    I wish I have read this thread earlier.
    Anyway, thnx for those who giving advices.
    Cheers,
    a friend of mine got paint protection on his mitsubishi when bought new at the dealer back in 1998, he said it was good for almost 2 years, just rinse every now and then.

he's been telling me to get it. that's why i was asking you guys.

I guess maybe dealers back then were more focused on their jobs instead of only care about money, lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by ministig View Post
    as for my car, i'm just gonna get some sealant and do it myself. i mean it's not a Ferrari after all.
    yeah, for the $500 odd dollars, you could get a pretty sweet detailing kit!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by ministig View Post
    a friend of mine got paint protection on his mitsubishi when bought new at the dealer back in 1998, he said it was good for almost 2 years, just rinse every now and then.

he's been telling me to get it. that's why i was asking you guys.

I guess maybe dealers back then were more focused on their jobs instead of only care about money, lol.
    Oh I don't know... My partner previously had a red car and she had paint protection. They even re-did it for her a couple of times after she complained. It didn't stop the car becoming water spotted, marked, fading and going chalky just as quickly as if it didn't have it.

Bottom line is if you look after the car, garage it and take care when washing it, it will look good for years.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 10-11-2010 at 10:29 PM.