Help! I think I have a major problem :(

Driving home today, three lights came on my dash. They are the 'malfunction light', 'VSC light' and the '(!) light'.

They car was very very weird. It was like it was jerking the whole time. If you continue to accelerate, it's not too bad, but if you try to hold it at a certain RPM or let the revs drop it jerks alot.

I'm hoping it's a simple common problem or else it's off to the mechanic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    im no mechanic but go check your oil dip stick if it has a chocolate milkshake like stuff in there then that means somethings mixed with the oil and you got a major problem i.e. change the engine or possibly you can flush it all out if you haven't driven it far.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    HMM interesting if VSC is having a spaz, it may be randomly breaking individual wheels when not needed, causing jerkiness.May be a sensor gone bad.
    Let us know how u go..........

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    get it checked at ur local honda dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    go to honda asap

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Either go to Honda or a decent mechanic.They'll use an OBD2 scan tool, see what codes it gives then go from there.

Thanks guys. Have it booked in.....but it will be 2 weeks till they can work on it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_lol View Post
    Thanks guys. Have it booked in.....but it will be 2 weeks till they can work on it
    What's the problem or you dont know yet?

Sounds like the VSC has malfunctioned. 2 Weeks is a long wait!, surely somewhere else could look sooner?
    1997 Prelude VTi-R

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Either go to Honda or a decent mechanic.They'll use an OBD2 scan tool, see what codes it gives then go from there.
    Yep.
    To the OP, kmart, ultratune, they all got those OBD2 scanners.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

He said he wasn't sure. He said he plugged it in, but he said it was only giving him a code for voltage drop, which he believes has nothing to do with my problem. He mentioned that the surging (before all the lights come on and the car goes to shit) stops if he turns on cruise control.

I will try and see if any of the other places mentioned can book me in beforehand.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06' MT
    Appears you have the same problem I had with my 04 euro before, sounds exactly the same. Seems at it's early stage though. ADP sensor, pedal positioning sensor since our car is electronic controlled butterfly valves. replacing this unit could range from 100 - 300 depending where u source it from.

For more information look below on the other posts.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...33#post2691233