b16a2 stock bottom end safe rev limit?

Hello guys... I wanted to know how much i can rev a b16a2 to with just a built up dohc vtec head (double valve springs, new retainers, cams) without touching the bottom end? This would of course be on a pretty healthy bottom end with good compression numbers and all.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I think about 9k RPM? But I also think if you're going to rev your engine hard you might need to upgrade head studs/valve springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    i wouldn't go past 8500rpm, you're pretty much not gaining any power after that if it's stock, stock b16 make their peak HP at 7200rpm, but if you're saying that it's a built head you can go a bit further if it's all nicely tuned

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    i wouldn't go past 8500rpm, you're pretty much not gaining any power after that if it's stock, stock b16 make their peak HP at 7200rpm, but if you're saying that it's a built head you can go a bit further if it's all nicely tuned
    Agree with this as soon as you reach your peak HP with certain RPM in this instance as a stock b16 I wouldnt go really hard or sustain a high rev

but depends on what you going to upgrade and how you will drive you car