Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Tuning the DC2: What ECU's can be used...?

Hi everyone,
    I'm currently buying stuff for a build on my '95 VTiR, so far I have a set of ITB's and a set of hardrace bushings, and next item I'm looking at buying is an ECU of some kind.

I would much prefer a piggyback type over the stand alone for easier installation and utilization of the standard ECU's cold start, etc.

Hondata was my first choice, but I'm in the ACT and no-one tunes hondata here. Next up I was considering a Haltech Interceptor Platinum, but when I emailed haltech they said that it doesn't work with DC2, only DA9 and DC5... Go figure...

Haltech recommended their Platinum Sprint 500, but it's a stand alone and from looking at the "Getting Started" part on the page, it requires that you use an air temp sensor that is supposed to screw into the intake pipe somewhere before the throttle, and I am clueless as to how I would do that on ITB's. (As I have never installed them before)

What other types of piggybacks are out there/what do you recommend that are compatible with DC2 OBD1?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    what about neptune?

I wouldnt really be looking into a tune unless you've started doing some minor/mild mods atleast.

Saves you on retuning it everytime you want to mod it etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Engine wise, already have a full exhaust system, and once the ITB's are on thats I/H/E done, so time to tune

Suspension wise it's on N+ coilovers and I've got the set of hardrace bushes ready to go in, but thats beside the point lol.

I'm scoping my options so I can make a game plan. Neptune huh? interesting, I'll have to see if anyone can tune it in ACT, where can I buy it? I tried googling but nowhere to actually buy it.

thanks!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What do you guys think of "Unichip type C" piggback?
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Oh here's a good one too, Greddy E Manage? On the greddy website they have harnesses for OBD1 but it says "DA", but the year listing is 92-95, and "DC2" is 95-99 and listed as OBD2a. You reckon they just stuffed it up with the year models? it should still be fine as long as it's obd1 right?

Also I can't find any reviews on anyone who uses it...?

Anyones input on this and the unichip would be much appreciated!
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6K20A CD5H23T
    The only experience I had with Unichip was on a Toyota and it sucked.

Why not use Crome, you have the best ECU to start with and you can DIY tune, check out forum.pgmfi.org

If you need a Wideband or Ostrich, I'm willing to part with my setup if you're keen

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    power fc?
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Hondata is the way to go cuz... come down to sydney and get insight or toda to tune it...

to check if your car is obd2a or obd1, check ur ecu plugs

OBD2A

OBD1

If you car is 1995, its very likely that its obd2a, you still can tune your car with Obd1 ecu, you just need a obd2a to obd1 conversion harness

I can supply harness and hondata if ur interested, PM ME...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Thanks guys!

Vtec1987: Yeah I really want a hondata but sydney's a fair way to go, I'd prefer to stay closer to home if possible. However I might end up going to sydney if I can't find any better options. I just went outside and checked it, it's OBD1 (the top one of the two). I wonder why Honda had to make two ecu's for the same car *sigh*.

Stevo716: Yeah I was just looking at that, but I remember TODA AU said in a thread (can't remember what it was called) that power fc isn't good to run with ITB's...? Not sure why though?

Stocky: Crome looks interesting but I have a Mac lol. Yeah I'll let you know if I need those parts.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

thats good if it obd1, u dun need to buy a conversion harness... get a hondata s200 and it will be plug and play in ur car

Member Array
    Car:
    91 DA6
    they changed to obd2 for fuel emissions
    Build Thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128210

RIP 1992 Horizon Grey DA9
    Current 1991 JDM Burgundy DA6, with 108kw atw B18A1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ah ok.

at the moment I'm leaning towards the emanage, because ultimate tunes here in ACT are able to tune it, it's a reputable brand and I can pick one up of ebay for a good price
    after that it'll just be a matter of getting a harness. I will however call ultimate tunes and ask them about the setup before i buy it.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015