Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

Mugen window visor

Hi everyone, I am thinking to buy a Mugen window visor. Does anyone know where can I get it (apart from JDM Honda web site)?

And does anyone know how to fit the window visor? Or will there be manual coming with the window visor?

The visor should be fairly easy to install. Its just clips and tape if im correct and the manual is japanese. Try Jdmyard, jdmconcept, ebay, search the net. Think jdm concept has it cheap

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Clips? Where does the clip mount to? The door seal?
    JDM concept? Yes, I saw it priced at $230, sounds not bad, but just wonder where got an even better price... Haha

To those who had this window visor, do u think it's worthwhile to get this fitted on the civic?

Yup. Could be hard to find it under 230.... You sure jdm concept was 230? thats really cheap as it is lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    It does make the car look better I had it on my FD2.. If you're in Perth, I could get it for you from Malaysia as I'm heading there for hols end of the month for 2 weeks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by chan 87 View Post
    It does make the car look better I had it on my FD2.. If you're in Perth, I could get it for you from Malaysia as I'm heading there for hols end of the month for 2 weeks
    yeah, i am in Perth~
    Malaysia? is it cheaper to get the real Mugen window visor there? how much is it?
    Btw, since u are in Perth too, may i ask if u have installed HID too? if so, which brand did u use?
    i am struggling with the HID as i have no idea abt that.....dunno which bulb to use, dunno how to install.....
    please advise me some recommendation of the selection of HID if u could~
    Thanks a lot !!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    The Mugen visor I got from Malaysia cost around RM500 or 600 me thinks.. so that would put it around 200-220aud? Yes I had HID's on my fd2 as well.. got it fitted at my mechanic in Evolution R. Give him a call on 0421387888 and say Bernard recommended you He also fitted my visors for me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by chan 87 View Post
    The Mugen visor I got from Malaysia cost around RM500 or 600 me thinks.. so that would put it around 200-220aud? Yes I had HID's on my fd2 as well.. got it fitted at my mechanic in Evolution R. Give him a call on 0421387888 and say Bernard recommended you He also fitted my visors for me
    that's not bad~~ as the visor is selling at $270 @ JDM concept....
    so, how much is it for ur mechanic to fit the HID stuff?
    thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
    that's not bad~~ as the visor is selling at $270 @ JDM concept....
    so, how much is it for ur mechanic to fit the HID stuff?
    thanks
    Hehe yeah it's due to the currency

Umm.. give him a call.. can't remember and it was almost 2 years ago..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Depends if you want genuine or not.

I went down the replica route and it was only around $60 from memory (very vague) and it was stuck on using 3M tape. It worked great for a while but the tape wasn't so good and at high speeds (i.e. >100km/h) on highways the visors would sometimes lift off a bit and flap against the car (surprisingly it didn't blow off but I'm guessing that's because the wind put pressure on it from the side which 'held' it to the car). Then when I removed them a couple of years later, the cheap tape left marks all over the car and no amount of goo remover or spirits, etc.. could get it off. It's been a year and a half and thanks to the elements (i.e. rain/weather/wind) most of the white stuff has gone off but there's still some marks/discolouration.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    Depends if you want genuine or not.

I went down the replica route and it was only around $60 from memory (very vague) and it was stuck on using 3M tape. It worked great for a while but the tape wasn't so good and at high speeds (i.e. >100km/h) on highways the visors would sometimes lift off a bit and flap against the car (surprisingly it didn't blow off but I'm guessing that's because the wind put pressure on it from the side which 'held' it to the car). Then when I removed them a couple of years later, the cheap tape left marks all over the car and no amount of goo remover or spirits, etc.. could get it off. It's been a year and a half and thanks to the elements (i.e. rain/weather/wind) most of the white stuff has gone off but there's still some marks/discolouration.
    Yeah, i think i will go for the genuine one.... i heard that there are clips for the genuine one...and i hope that will be better....but when i watch the installation of it online (youtube), there are BOTH clips and tape to be used.......i just wonder will the genuine tape also leave some marks on the window.......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
    Yeah, i think i will go for the genuine one.... i heard that there are clips for the genuine one...and i hope that will be better....but when i watch the installation of it online (youtube), there are BOTH clips and tape to be used.......i just wonder will the genuine tape also leave some marks on the window.......
    Yes there are clips for the genuine visors and it DOES help if the tape fails.. The tape that was supplied was also 3M... JaCe did you use like alcohol wipes on the door before applying the tape? Just curious :P