Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: K24a3 dc5r

Quote Originally Posted by onesweetb0i View Post
    My ****ing god, the EXACT same thing happen to me on the hume hwy aswell.. my thoughts were i had hydrolocked aswell but luckily i didn't suck up any water, i only rolled into the massive puddle .. Car died, towed it home and had someone look at it and it was fine. Scared the shit out of me. Goodluck with the build
    Your one of the lucky few then. I learnt my lesson, pull over once it starts raining heavily. Thanks mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    is the car going yet?

Hey fellas I got my car back just then. AND OMGWTF IT IS AWESOME. HAS SOO MUCH MORE POWER AND TORQUE. From 0 to 6k rpm it feels like im hitting VTEC with my K20a, while Im laughing like a mad man. From 6k rpm to 8k rpm VTEC actually kicks in forces my butt snug in the Recaros. So, sooo happy. Well worth the 3K I invested. Also got a major service too. Clutch was drained and new fluid put it in. Feels so sexy shifting. Smooth as, and I also bought a Mugen header. I'd go into more depth but I gotta go. Post pics up soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    dog
    awesome dude.

Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Hey fellas I got my car back just then. AND OMGWTF IT IS AWESOME. HAS SOO MUCH MORE POWER AND TORQUE. From 0 to 6k rpm it feels like im hitting VTEC with my K20a, while Im laughing like a mad man. From 6k rpm to 8k rpm VTEC actually kicks in forces my butt snug in the Recaros. So, sooo happy. Well worth the 3K I invested. Also got a major service too. Clutch was drained and new fluid put it in. Feels so sexy shifting. Smooth as, and I also bought a Mugen header. I'd go into more depth but I gotta go. Post pics up soon.
    So in your opinon, the k24 is a better engine overall? :P

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    did you upgraded your valve springs ? if you dont , dont hit 8k rpm too often specially you are on stock k20a ecu ?
    is your bottom end stock ?
    Last edited by EG5; 19-11-2010 at 11:59 PM.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    This thread makes me happy Glad to hear your car's back on the road!

But please, upgrade your ECU. Last thing I'd want to see is your newly invested $3k turn into $6k after you lean out your new motor/bend a rod. Cost of Kpro will be cheaper than the cost of another K24.

I mean that in the nicest way possible man, and we all want you to have fun with your new motor and the new lease of life you've given your car. Don't waste it! =D **** I wish I only had to pay $3k to upgrade to a K24 lol.
    part time potato

Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Hey guys,
    I bought my DC5R a few months ago off my mate. Love it. Came with a Toda cat back and Injen CAI, and that made the VTEC crossover sound like a German WW2 Stuka dive bomber. . . Well actually maybe its not as loud as a dive bomber but you get what i mean. Almost straight away I purchased Halo projector headlights off Ebay as shown.Then 2 weeks ago, on a Sunday night. Mother Nature shoved a pineapple up my arse and blew my engine. There was crazy raining and deep puddles on the Hume Hwy, where my Injen CAI sucked up too much water, which lead to hydraulic lock, which resulted in my engine blowing up. I didnt even hear a bang. Raining too hard probably. I pushed my car to the side, on the highway. No one bothered to help but the deadsh!ts would honk as they drove past. After like two hours on the road. NRMA towed my car home for free, cause I was a member of some club i didnt know i joined. Couple days later my mate comes over who's a mechanic and had a look at the engine.Checked the spark plugs and CAI and there was heaps of water Cranking it manually was hard, so he used the starter motor. Didnt work. He said something on the inside is bent. He was right in the end. After like a week of organising stuff, I opted for a k24. Days later I got it towed to my mechanic. Why K24? for starters k20's cost a LOT like 4.5K for a good one I think. And why not do something different and get a k24? Well actually it has been done but its uncommon to see a k24 dc5r. I was planning on doing it later down the track anyways. My goal is a 10 sec k24 turbo dc5r. Thats why im doing this build thread. Hopefully its interesting enough to get moved to the build forum. Its going to cost me abit under 3K. For a 09 K24a3 with like 90000km i think and another 1.5K to cover labour and a full service. My mechanics a good bloke. He said he'd check my clutch, if it had less than 60% tread left he'd tell me so I could buy a new one and he'll put it in with no extra charge. I came over today, he said the clutch was still good and he'd sell and install mugen headers and a silencer to me cause I dont have one for less than 900. He also offered me tein super street coilovers for cheap aswell. Im leaning towards doing it. And for the ecu I dont require one cause the engine internals are stock. Also had a look at my previous engine. It is F&*ked LOL. Have a look at it theres 4 major holes and the conrod is stuffed. Cant really see it though. So the next things on my list are - a 3K sound system, repray - super gloss black or dark grey gun metal and steam clean my recaros and the inside of my car cause the rain made them stink.

Oh yea and if you think its promising give me a rep point so I can sell stuff I dont need. Thanks. If your thinking wth, I dont really know much about cars to be helpful on other peoples threads. Im learning more and more about cars as im going along, sharing and documenting dramas and what I learnt along the way. That deserves atleast one point dont it?
    Halo's? I don't like your style.
    I believe you have no clue on how to drive your car to the conditions of the road.
    I've had no problem with CAI's even in the heaviest of rain.
    Its how you drive. You sound like a P plater.
    Good luck with 10 second DC5R. LOL. LOL. LMAO.

feel free to prove me wrong.

PS. neg rep for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Amusevtec View Post
    Holy crap makes me think twice now about my car driving in the rain, i drove it in the rain when it was really heavy, on elizabeth that was about it lucky i didnt run to any puddles =D
    Sounds like the OP is a reckless driver (I'm making assumptions)
    If you drive carefully, slowly, I don't think there would be any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    Halo's? I don't like your style.
    I believe you have no clue on how to drive your car to the conditions of the road.
    I've had no problem with CAI's even in the heaviest of rain.
    Its how you drive. You sound like a P plater.
    Good luck with 10 second DC5R. LOL. LOL. LMAO.

feel free to prove me wrong.

PS. neg rep for asking.

Sounds like the OP is a reckless driver (I'm making assumptions)
    If you drive carefully, slowly, I don't think there would be any problems.

Whats wrong with dreaming big? Did someone crush yours? Did they hurt your feelings? awww ;( thats why you act like a dick on ozhonda isnt it? I dont care if you like my style or not, the world doesnt revolve around you. Yea Im on my P's. Are all P platers bad drivers who dont know shit about cars? I havent copped any fines, and I always serviced my car with my dad, even back when I had a shitbox.

"Good luck with a 10 second DC5R. LOL. LOL. LMAO." Yea thanks bro, I got the money, why dont you get off your fat arse and make some Bludger? Unless it's not just a name and really what you do.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    jeez someones on there rags lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 DC5 ITR
    lmao nice build. dig the halo's coz i got them 2=P eaze up.. dont sweat it

Quote Originally Posted by AsHw3e View Post
    lmao nice build. dig the halo's coz i got them 2=P eaze up.. dont sweat it
    Cheers bro, appreciate it.

The majority of feedback has been helpful and constructive, shame there's always one jack arse who wrecks it for everybody.