Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dc2r gearknob

how do i tell the difference between an OEM genuine type dc2r gearknob and one of those $50 autjoy jobs?

cheers'
    Sam

Easy. The fakes are not titanium, so they are much lighter in colour. If you want to see what a genuine one looks like go to your local Honda dealer and ask to see one. The difference is so obvious you will notice as soon as you see a fake.

Basically, the genuine's are much darker than the fakes. The fake ones are almost a light grey. Lemme find a pic of mine and i'll post it here soon.

Sam, here's mine, and yes it is genuine.

If you are really interested i can get one for you. PM me if you have been quoted for one yet and i'll tell you how much i can get them for.

They are small so i'm happy to ship one over to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    i had a DC2-R gearknob, damn heavy but damn nice to change gears with

hey vti-2 how much for one to ship over?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    do they fit on EK civics?

n/a - check your PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    do they fit on EK civics?
    they fit a EG civic sedan.. if that helps

This gearknob should fit most Honda's. I've seen it in an EG/EK before. Obviously it will fit most Integra's too.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    The thread on the genuine type r knobs and the fake ones are all exactly the same. Every knob will fit every shifter stick.
    i.e. a EP3, DC2, EK, DC5 knob WILL fit on a 1985 civic.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

the genuine dc2r is very much heavy when compared to s2000 or the dc5r knob.

if i were you, get the s2000 or the dc5r ones...and if the 6 speed bothers you...ask tangie, i think he has the Accord type r ones(5pd) and made of the same material as the s2000 and the dc5r. from honda ofcoz.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    hey vti 2 the actual gearknob is clear mirror-like chrome correct? not like in the photo.

n/a - it like like the pix from vti-2