Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24

Hondata S300 P72ecu - Limp Mode - B16A japspec EK4 OBDII possibly OBDI motor

Ok it has been passed over in brief in other forums and threads but no full on explanation

EDIT: ITS P28 FFS.... Ive found that some wiring could hav been altered in the loom also.... p28 is operating the IACV and its constantly on making a buzzing noise... sigh...

ive got a EK4 so running a EK4 loom with a B16A in it which has a burned out IAT sensor in the intake manifold...

now that doesnt matter because its running OBDII ECU and has a IAT in the Intake Arm.

When i install the Hondata S300 P72 ECU with OBDI to OBDII conversion harness, should i be experiencing problems if i havnt moved the IAT to the Intake Plenum (Top side of runner One).
    Now to my understanding the OBDII motors have the IAT in the Intake Arm and OBDI in the runner.
    but what i also understand is that the OBDI B16A has a Cable Gearbox... But i have Hydraulic - Possible Swap... not sure

What i am experiencing with this setup is a 4k RPM limit (Limp Mode) as if its got a launch control... lol
    too scared to attempt at taking it for a drive, so i have not yet... ive uploaded a standard B16A map also.

if someone could please verify what might be causing the issue that'd be fantastic. Take it to a shop... Aint got time lol, i'll just drive around standard ECU till i find my answer.

thanks
    Last edited by Riviera; 16-11-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    What's the error codes in S-manager say?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    stock B16A rom will look for a VTP you dont have one ( well the engine migth but your wiring wont )

disable the VTP in Smanager reset the ECU with Smanager and then look to see what fault codes you get from within Smanager

you can use the IAT in the intake runner, no problems there.

with the gearbox OBDO B16A gearbox was cable, OBDI Gearbox is hydraulic,

you have no problems there either.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    lots of error codes lol i'll hook it all up and see what i get after tryn what ecu-man said...

I'll do that tomorrow as im out of town though. Thanks for the fast replies.
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    IT's P28 and the IACV is buzzing in the on position as if its getting constant power... I hav a feeling wiring must hav been altered in the loom theres electrical tape that does not look factory...

Will look into it more this afternoon...
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Problem found... not solved...

its the P28, John its the same one that i had sent to you lol shes on the fritz again...

i plugged my S300 into a friends P72 case uploaded his map ran the car fine no problems, placed it back into my P28 case nothing but Limp Mode and
    and lack on success the yellow LED constantly flashing also, so definitely a internal issue

DELETE lol will find a new ECU... unless u reckon you can have a go at this one again John?
    Vince

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    I can give it another go,

reply to my PM and we can take it from there