For those of you who have aftermarket frontbars made of fibreglass - do they fit straight onto the factory mounts.... ie. like the standard frontbar - do they have holes down the bottom to support the bar against wind/scraping etc?... or do you use custom made up mounts which do this for you?... or is your frontbar not bolted in down the bottom and just bolted on up top?
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    The cheap bars don't come with holes... which isn't a really bad thing... you drill your own holes to mount.. as for the bottom, you'll have to make custom brackets.

apparently you dont need custom brackets for the bottom or they will shatter the bar? :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

well i'm no use. mines from jetspeed and it's fits on the std factory mounts

Member Array
    You don't need to brace the bottom of the bar if you don't want... It's just better to.

I don't know about eg civic's but the bottom part of big front bars for EK's are nowhere near the 10mm bolt holes provided for the original front bar.

yeh exactly VTi-RT.... i'm thinking of leaving the braces.... couldnt be bothered waiting for them to custom make :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    what bar have u got ray??

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    yeha mine bolted on perfectly
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi-RT
    You don't need to brace the bottom of the bar if you don't want... It's just better to.

I don't know about eg civic's but the bottom part of big front bars for EK's are nowhere near the 10mm bolt holes provided for the original front bar.
    I know last time i went to the pits they did say that the aftermarket front bar must be braced down at the bottom. Their reasons were that the stock front polyeurathane bar was, so should the aftermarket one.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

buddyclub tony ..... yeh i noticed that the bottom was sorta bolted onto to a thing which looked like a mud flap? i could be wrong but yeh... have checked out a few friends aftermarket bars and they haven't been bolted in down the bottom.... i dont think its nessicary unless your going at extreme speeds ?? hahhaha
    フジタエンジニアリング

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    haha can't wait ray!! pics pics pics

Member Array
    The front bar is bolted to the fenders on EK's, so if you hit a curve you can also bend the fenders.

If you can, I would recommend you brace the bottom.