Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    I'm interested in doing it too, in melb Haven't had any experience either LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    ^^^ DIY is perfectly fine, however this is not a task for someone who is not mechanically minded. As the inlet side is tricky (due to injector rail) and you need to have the right tools.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

euroman pm me im in westersuberbs im a mechanic n iv done mine...

zHong yea its a simple task if u knw wat ur doing but wait till u take the R/cover off n see how simple the intake manifold side is to do lol
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    ^^^ DIY is perfectly fine, however this is not a task for someone who is not mechanically minded. As the inlet side is tricky (due to injector rail) and you need to have the right tools.
    Whats the right price LOL, ill get you to do mine
    VTEC YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    You guys should really wait for photos and how I go first.. I'm sure it's a piece of nothing... lol I've done valve adjustments on many other vehicles, just not the S2000 yet. I'll be sure to take detailed photos with my iPhone. LOL

Wait for the weekend!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    I have done a couple of cars too but not the s2000 i reckon its pretty similar to any other hondas its just a 4 cylinder

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Not really similar, I've only had experience with B and F series engines. B series are easy to do. The injector rail (and injectors) on the F20C makes the inlet side difficult to do, as it's hard to get the feeler gauge in (i bent my feeler to make it fit) as for tightening the tapet, it is very difficult without the use of a hollow ratchet and extension. Otherwise remove the fuel rail and injectors and it'll be much easier.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 18-11-2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added info
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Haven't done it yet... Maybe this weekend.

But I did manage to clean my IACV valve whilst servicing the beast and fixing a few minor seepages... Boy did it make a difference... Got photos if anyone is interested to see the gunk that loves the side of the throttlebody... I've noticed better fuel economy recently too, but I did use Ultimate instead of the usual Vortex for this tank.... Might be coicedence, but regradless I'm a happy camper!