Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Most trends that are followed are usually copied from the US, not Japan.
    '
    Even the vast majority of people that call their rides "jdm" are completely delusional.
    I know that but even so JDM is always much cooler than "USDM".

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    I know that but even so JDM is always much cooler than "USDM".
    A majority of trends in Japan are copied from the U.S aswell haha..
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    wow - just read this article soooo sad I think people like me will lose some inspiration from Japan with the Civic no longer being sold in Japan.

And I totally disagree the US sets auto trends - names like Spoon, Mugen, Js Racing and countless others i'm pretty sure they come from Japan, that is, these companies/products are created/made to satisfy a market need; and one thing about the Japanese, is that they always look after their local market before any international market. JDM sets the trend, not USDM.

On the upside - if you own genuine JDM parts they may have just become more rare and valuable
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Does anyone know anything about this? Someone in QLD has legally imported a FD2R - the first road registered Civic FD2R in Australia?

http://felixalim.com/blog/civic-type-r
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    A majority of trends in Japan are copied from the U.S aswell haha..
    all the good usdm cars use/run jdm parts
    the usdm scene would be nothing without jdm parts/influence

honda has gone to the shit since soichiro honda died
    honda use to be race bred now its green bullshit
    so the civic was the last car they could kill off

mugen should take over the performance side of things

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Yep. If Honda is so worried about being seen as 'green' why do they make a 8,000rpm+ spinning Civic engine? Seriously. I think they need to get over themselves.

As has happened just now in Europe with new emission standards, and it is a shame because like everyone else on this forum I adore Honda n/a high revving engines for their technology, smoothness, sound - I could go on all day - but I'm afraid to say these engines are on their last legs as regulations clamp down on cO2.

In terms of a hero performance car Honda needs to take a good look at Mitsubishi, Subaru and WV. Heck, even Suzuki has the formula right introducing a AWD turbo Kazashi. Why are they so successful? They're making what the market wants (not just a few people like us who want high revving n/a engines, these days are coming to an end imo).

Produce a competively priced AWD, turbo/super 4 cyclinder car because that's what the majority of people now want. Even Formula One is ditching V8s in 2013 for turbo 4 cylinders!! Can you believe that!

Honda need to remember their racing heritage BUT also keep up with the times with developments in engine technology in their road cars. What about Honda's super AWD drive system in the Legend? I heard it was an absolute cracker - why not bring this into a turbo 4 cyl car? Times are a changing. And as Soichiro Honda said 'racing improves the breed' - Honda should look to get back into F1 when the 4cyl turbos come in and use this development in their road cars. Just like Renault has done in their new 250 (inspired from F1).

And from what I've seen in a WRX and Ralliart (Mitsu was absolutely shocking if you've ever sat in one and they want like $43k+! farq me) - Honda can do a heck of a better job in making a quality car.
    Last edited by Alvis; 28-12-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Is this not just an interim step for Honda in Japan as they wait to release the 2011 Civic, I wonder.

They are still selling the bigger models, surely, they need a Civic model sitting between a CR-Z and Accord.